The Green Cap is a vanity item. It has a 100% chance of being dropped by the Guide, but only when his name is Andrew. NPC names are chosen at random upon their spawn. On Old-gen console, the Guide will always drop the Green Cap, regardless of his name.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Green Cap is considered a vanity item in the game, despite the fact that it gives defense.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The world seed
will always produce a world with a Guide named Andrew, no matter what map size, difficulty, or evil biome is set.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Andrew is a reference to the creator and lead developer of Terraria, Andrew "Redigit" Spinks.
- It has a similar appearance to the cap worn by Luigi, a character from the Mario franchise.
- It is one of the only two items dropped by NPCs with special names, the other being the Ivy, which is dropped by a Steampunker named Whitney.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced, can be dropped by Fire Imps.Verify
- Mobile Unknown: No longer dropped by Fire Imps.Verify
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.