The Green Cap is a vanity item equipped in the social helmet slot.
It is dropped by the Guide but only when his name is “Andrew”. (Guide names are chosen at random upon their spawn).
In the Old-gen console version, the Green Cap may be dropped by Guides with other names.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name “Andrew” is a reference to the lead programmer of Terraria, Andrew Spinks.
- Wearing the Green Cap with Red's Breastplate and Red's Leggings still trigger the visual effect as if you were wearing Red's Helmet.
- It's similar to Luigi's cap from the Super Mario Bros. video games.
- In earlier versions of the Mobile version, the Green Cap was dropped by Fire Imps.
- Typing in the world seed "v" will always get you a guide named Andrew, no matter what map size or world evil you set.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- ???: No longer dropped by Fire Imps.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.