- Not to be confused with the pre-Hardmode Phaseblade, which is used to craft the Phasesaber.
Red Phasesaber in action.
The Phasesaber is a Hardmode( ) melee weapon which is a direct upgrade to the Phaseblade. It looks almost identical to the Phaseblade used to make it, except is larger, has a different handle, deals twice as much damage, and can be auto-swung. As with Phaseblades, there are 6 different color variations with identical statistics, and they similarly emit a small amount of light when swung.
A Phasesaber is crafted from a Phaseblade and 50 Crystal Shards, with its resulting color determined by the color of the Phaseblade used to craft it. On the desktop and console versions, a Hardmode Anvil is required to craft one, but on the mobile version, a Phasesaber can be crafted on any anvil.
In the mobile version, the pre-Hardmode Arch Demons drop Crystal Shards (100% chance of 3-10 Crystal Shards), making the Phasesaber available prior to beating the Wall of Flesh.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Desktop and Console editions[edit | edit source]
- The Phasesaber is useful well into Hardmode, as it can be acquired early and, when reforged properly, its overall damage per second is unbeatable until obtaining the Cutlass.
- The different colors can be used to differentiate teams in player vs player games.
- In order to fix a bug where Phasesabers placed on weapon racks would be unbreakable, the developers remade all Phasesabers into new items (IDs 3764-3769), ones presumably that are impervious to the bug. Therefore, the "old" phase sabers that had negative IDs (IDs -19..-24) are no longer obtainable, instead, you'll receive a newer, resprited version of a phase saber. This is most likely the reason the fix isn't retroactive yet.
- The sprites for Phasesabers are visibly brighter than Phaseblades.
- Their name, appearance and sound effect are reminiscent of Lightsabers from the Star Wars franchise.
- The requirement of Crystal Shards and gems in the production of the Phaseblade and Phasesaber may be a reference to the fact that all Lightsabers require a (Lightsaber) Crystal in order to function.
- 184.108.40.206: Now requires a Hardmode anvil to craft.