- Not to be confused with the Pre-Hardmode Phaseblade, which is used to craft the Phasesaber.
The Phasesaber is a Hardmode/ Pre-Hardmode melee weapon which is a direct upgrade to the Phaseblade. It looks almost identical to the Phaseblade used to make it, except is larger, has a different handle, deals twice as much damage, and can be auto-swung. As with Phaseblades, there are 6 different color variations with identical statistics, and they similarly emit a small amount of light when swung.
A Phasesaber is crafted from a Phaseblade and 50 Crystal Shards, with its resulting color determined by the color of the Phaseblade used to craft it. On the desktop and console versions, a Hardmode Anvil is required to craft one, but on the mobile version, a Phasesaber can be crafted on any Anvil.
In the Mobile version and , versionArch Demons drop Crystal Shards (100% chance of 3-5), making the Phasesaber available Pre-Hardmode.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Desktop version and Console version[edit | edit source]
Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and 3DS version[edit | edit source]
- The different colors can be used to differentiate teams in player vs player games.
- In order to fix a bug where Phasesabers placed on weapon racks would be unbreakable, the developers remade all Phasesabers into new items (IDs 3764-3769), ones presumably that are impervious to the bug. Therefore, the "old" phase sabers that had negative IDs (IDs -19..-24) are no longer obtainable, instead, you'll receive a newer, resprited version of a phase saber. This is most likely the reason the fix isn't retroactive yet.
- The sprites for Phasesabers are visibly brighter than Phaseblades.
- Their name, appearance and sound effect are reminiscent of Lightsabers from the Star Wars franchise.
- The requirement of Crystal Shards and gems in the production of the Phaseblade and Phasesaber may be a reference to the fact that all Lightsabers require a Kyber Cystal in order to function.