|Coins|3*3Pre-Hardmode: 7*7Hardmode: 47*47Post-Plantera: 65*65
A simple, gelatinous creature that swallows anything and everything whole! It takes a long time to digest anything.
— The Bestiary
Green Slimes are the weakest of all slimes, and are also one of the most common ones to encounter. As Green Slimes spawn commonly in the Forest during the daytime, they are likely the first enemy a player will come across in a new world. Green Slimes will not target the player under usual circumstances, but will become aggressive when damaged, during the night, or if brought underground.
Just like many other slimes, Green Slimes will always be passive around players with the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
On Desktop, Console, Mobile, and , they can rarely be found carrying bonus drops, which the player receives on the slime's death.
- Green Slimes are more likely to spawn in place of other enemies when the player is within 200 blocks of the world's spawn point. This does not occur in Expert Mode.
- During the Slime Rain, Green Slimes can fall from the sky regardless of biome or time of day.
- Green Slimes are abnormally strong in an Expert Hardmode world despite otherwise being the weakest slime. They deal more damage and have more health than any other pre-hardmode slime (excluding King Slime) and even some Hardmode slimes.
• "You have killed every type of slime!"
Defeat at least one of every type of slime
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Can now carry bonus drops.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Now floats in liquids and doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Damage reduced from 8 to 6; health reduced from 15 to 14; defense reduced from 2 to 0.