|Type||Weapon – Drop|
|Damage||60 / 55 Ranged|
|Use time||29 Average|
- Internal Item ID: 758
The Grenade Launcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Launcher that fires Rockets, which will bounce off any walls they encounter and explode on contact with an enemy, or after a timed duration. The Grenade Launcher is always dropped by Plantera for the first time in normal mode, but afterwards will have a 14.29% / 16.7% (1/7 / 1/6) chance to drop again.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Grenade Launcher's projectiles are strongly affected by gravity and will deal massive damage to the wielder if they are too close to the projectile. For this reason, using it in the Dungeon, the Underground Jungle, and other biomes with tight corridors should generally be avoided in order to stay healthy.
- However, the Grenade Launcher's ability to attack enemies around vertical corners may prove useful.
- Despite the name, the Grenade Launcher cannot fire grenades.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the Rocket Launcher, the Grenade Launcher can be obtained much earlier but has an arc, and will not explode on contact with blocks right away. The Grenade Launcher also deals more damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 55 to 60.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.