|Damage||60 / 55 (Ranged)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 758
The Grenade Launcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera launcher that consumes rockets and launches a grenade with a timed fuse. The grenade explodes when the fuse expires, or if it comes into contact with an enemy. The Grenade Launcher is always dropped by Plantera for the first time in a world and afterwards has a 1/7 (14.29%) / 1/6 (16.67%) chance to drop again.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The grenades fired from the Grenade Launcher are strongly affected by gravity and can inflict massive self-damage. For this reason, using it in any tight area requires exceptional care to avoid it bouncing back to the player.
- Selenians cannot reflect the grenade as it will instantly explode on contact.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the Rocket Launcher, the Grenade Launcher can be obtained much earlier but has an arc and will not explode on contact with blocks right away. The Grenade Launcher also deals 33.33% / 22.22% more damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the name, the Grenade Launcher cannot fire Grenades, as they are hand grenades and are incompatible with it.
- Certain real-life grenade launcher rounds resemble rockets more closely than grenades.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Use time decreased from 30 to 20.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage increased from 55 to 60.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.