|Damage||60 / 55 (Ranged)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast) /|
- Grenade I
- Grenade II
- Grenade III
- Grenade IV
- Cluster Grenade I
- Cluster Grenade II
- Wet Grenade
- Lava Grenade
- Honey Grenade
- Mini Nuke Grenade I
- Mini Nuke Grenade II
- Dry Grenade
(will always drop the first time Plantera is defeated in a world that is neither in Expert nor Master Mode)
The Grenade Launcher is a Hardmode, post-Plantera launcher that consumes rockets and launches a grenade with a timed fuse. The grenade explodes when the fuse expires, or if it comes into contact with an enemy. The Grenade Launcher has a
14.29*1/7 (14.29%) or 16.67*1/6 (16.67%) chance to be dropped from Plantera, and on non-Expert or Master Mode worlds, it is guaranteed to drop the first time Plantera is defeated. In addition, 50–149 / 20–49 Rocket Is will be dropped alongside the Grenade Launcher.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The grenades fired from the Grenade Launcher are strongly affected by gravity and can inflict massive self-damage. For this reason, using it in any tight area requires exceptional care to avoid it bouncing back to the player.
- Selenians cannot reflect the grenade as it will instantly explode on contact.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the Rocket Launcher, the Grenade Launcher can be obtained much earlier but has an arc and will not explode on contact with blocks right away. The Grenade Launcher also deals 33.33% / 20% / 10% more damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the name, the Grenade Launcher cannot fire Grenades, as they are hand grenades and are incompatible with it.
- Certain real-life grenade launcher rounds resemble rockets more closely than grenades.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Use time decreased from 30 to 20.
- Added an explosion sound effect to the usage sound.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 55 to 60.
- Rockets dropped from Plantera increased from 20-49 to 50-149.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.