|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||44 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||A small explosion that will not destroy tiles|
|Buy / Sell||75 / 15|
- Internal Item ID: 168
Would you rather have a bullet hole or a grenade hole? That's what I thought.
Grenades are explosive consumable throwing weapons which can purchased from the Demolitionist for 75 each or found rarely in natural chests. Once Hardmode is activated, they can be found in Pots (replacing Shurikens).
A thrown Grenade will bounce slightly and roll until it either hits a valid target or 3 seconds have elapsed, after which it will explode.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Grenades do ranged damage, and thus the base damage of 60 is increased by any ranged damage modifier. Ranged armor set bonuses apply as well, e.g. the Frost armor which causes Frostburn Grenades.
- Since 188.8.131.52, as Grenades are throwing weapon and not ranged anymore, Ranged armor sets' bonuses will not apply. Throwing armor sets', however, will apply instead.
- Like most explosives, Grenades still damage players while PvP is off, dealing 60 base damage.
- They damage all enemies within a radius of approximately 5 tiles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Grenades are extremely useful early-game, dealing massive damage for such an easy weapon to acquire.
- Because Grenades automatically explode when they hit an enemy, using them as short-ranged weapons is risky as they can easily cause self-inflicted damage.
- As Grenades do splash damage, they can be useful against a large number of different enemies:
- Using Grenades against a Caster AI enemy is especially inadvisable. A Grenade can easily explode upon hitting one of the enemy's projectiles, often much closer to the player than anticipated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sprite is very similar to the american M67 grenade, a grenade produced from 1968 to the present.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Can now be used to craft Beenade and Bouncy Grenade.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Buy cost reduced from 4 to 75 .
- Sell cost reduced from 80 to 15 .
- Desktop 1.1:
- Stack limit raised from 20 to 99.
- Sell cost reduced from 1 to 80 .
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.