Guide:Chlorophyte Ore Farming
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
|It has been suggested that this page or section be merged with Guide:Mining Techniques.|
Reason: "See Merge Proposal."
Chlorophyte Ore is one of the late ores available in the game and it's used to craft many powerful items, which is found in Underground Jungle. However, it's not very common and large veins may take a long time to grow. The following guide will give you any hints in order to farm it more efficiently.
Basic Requirements[edit | edit source]
In order to start with Chlorophyte farming, there are a couple of requirements:
- Only Chlorophyte Ore is capable of spreading.
- The ores must be placed in the Cavern or lower depths.
- Farms can be built in any biome, except in the Crimson and Corruption.
- Chlorophyte ore requires Mud Blocks to grow, and will also convert Jungle Grass.
- It will not convert Mushroom Grass, making Mushroom Biome-based farms inefficient.
- In Desktop and Console, Chlorophyte can convert Dirt Blocks into Mud.
- However, the player must defeat all three Mechanical Bosses in order to craft a Pickaxe Axe or Drax, which is the minimum pickaxe or drill that can mine Chlorophyte.
Spread Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Chlorophyte will only naturally appear in Hardmode Underground Jungles (either natural or artificial), but the ore can be seeded practically anywhere underground.
- Chlorophyte has a spreading limit, checking a square area roughly centered around the ore tile selected to update.
- The short-range maximum is 21 ore blocks in a 104 tile range and the long-range max is 66 ore blocks in a 127 tile range in Underground, while in the Cavern short-range maximum is 41 ore blocks in a 70 tile range and the long range max is 131 ore blocks in a 170 tile range.
- The short-range maximum is 12 ore blocks in a 114 tile range and the long-range max is 56 ore blocks in a 284 tile range in Underground, while in the Cavern short-range maximum is 24 ore blocks in a 76 tile range and the max is approximately 111 ore blocks in a 190 tile range.
Farming Methods[edit | edit source]
- One method to farm Chlorophyte is to build a single square of mud with one Chlorophyte Ore block in the middle. A minimum sized square of 3x3 or 3x4 blocks will do, and a player should not build multiple squares close to each other, as this may hamper the farm's growth. One may also build multiple squares, as long as they are not within a 37 tile range each (approximately 45 tile range in Old-gen console, Mobile, and ).
- One may also instead create a single long horizontal or vertical one block strip with a single Chlorophyte Ore block in it, as an alternative method.
- An optional place for a farm is the Underworld, as Chlorophyte will grow even to that depth. One does not need to clear space for a farm in the underworld, as the space already available can be used.
- In Desktop and Console versions, you can increase the size of the blocks to 6x6 or 6x7. The spacing between farm regions should be no less than 37 tiles apart in most cases, or 38 tiles apart for 6x7 blocks to get maximum spread.