Guide:Crafting a Cell Phone
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
The Cell Phone, like other notable compound items (such as the Ankh Shield and Terra Blade), is an extremely powerful and helpful item to have on hand. Like a real-life cell phone, it can tell you the weather, the time, and where you are, among other things. Its usefulness however comes with a cost: its construction is highly time-consuming and some components are extremely difficult to find. This page will guide you on how to craft this item.
Basic diagram[edit | edit source]
Items needed[edit | edit source]
Magic Mirror or Ice Mirror[edit | edit source]
- Underground Cabin with a chest. : An extremely easy item to obtain, as it simply requires finding a
- Ice Chests. : Found under mainly the same conditions, except as secondary loot in
GPS components[edit | edit source]
- Gold Ore or Platinum Ore (only one type, as they cannot be mixed), and 3 of either Iron Ore or Lead Ore. Melt all of these into bars. Use the iron or lead to create a chain, and then go to a table and chair and assemble a Gold Watch or Platinum Watch. or : Six varieties of watches can be crafted with any of the early pre-biome ores. To craft the GPS, you will need to obtain one of the highest-quality watches, which display the time to the nearest real-life second or in-game minute, as opposed to every minute or half minute. In order to craft the required watch, you must acquire 40 of either
- Cave Bats, Ice Bats and Jungle Bats. A Bat Statue can be used to easily obtain one. : This is dropped by
- Mother Slime, Piranha, Snow Flinx, Undead Viking, and Armored Viking. : The compass can be obtained upon the death of certain monsters;
Fish Finder components[edit | edit source]
All ingredients are obtained from the Angler. You will initially have a 1 in 40 chance of obtaining each of these items upon completing one of the Angler's quests, although the chance will go up as you complete more quests.
R.E.K. 3000 components[edit | edit source]
- Wooden Crates, although this may take more time. : This can be found in Wooden Chests, making it easy to find early on. It can also be obtained from
- Traveling Merchant. : Sometimes sold by
- Dungeon enemies (excluding Dungeon Slimes and trap-like enemies). : Dropped by pre-hardmode
Goblin Tech components[edit | edit source]
- : Sometimes sold by the Traveling Merchant
- : Sometimes sold by the Traveling Merchant (he may sell both at once)
- Nymph. A Lifeform Analyzer and Hunter Potions can be used to track down one. It will only have a 50% chance of dropping (100% in Expert mode). : Dropped by the rare
Craft the PDA[edit | edit source]
Craft the Cell Phone[edit | edit source]
- Note that this is no longer an accessory and as such cannot be equipped nor receive modifiers.
Farming[edit | edit source]
To obtain these items, it may help to farm them. A lot of pre-1.3 built farms may be unexpectedly useful in gathering ingredients. Battle Potions and Water Candles may be helpful with increasing spawn rates. Make sure you have spare money to buy items from the Traveling Merchant. If you're in Hardmode and haven't made the Cell Phone yet, an Enchanted Sundial can give you an occasional extra chance for the Traveling Merchant to stock a needed item.
GPS[edit | edit source]
- Watch: The watch does not need farming, as it's easily craftable. You could use Spelunker Potions to help find the needed ore, or get the needed metal bars from fished Crates. The Extractinator might also be useful in getting the needed ores/bars.
- Compass: You may use Piranha Statues, as they work well to farm Piranhas, who, in the Desktop version and Console version, have a 2% chance of dropping a Compass.
- Depth Meter: Bat Statues are useful for farming Bats. Bats have a 1% chance of dropping a Depth Meter
Fish Finder[edit | edit source]
- Do fish quests for the Angler every day, as the Fish Finder can be acquired randomly by completing quests for the Angler. The quests from the Angler reset at 4:30 a.m. The Enchanted Sundial can occasionally speed you to the next quest.
R.E.K 3000[edit | edit source]
- Tally Counter: Enter a pre-Hardmode Dungeon with decent weapons, and start hunting. With enough kills, you will eventually get your Tally Counter.
- Radar: If no surface chests are found with this, or your world was generated before 1.3, you can find it in Wooden Crates. Use Fishing Potions, Crate Potions, and Sonar Potions to increase your chances.
- Lifeform Analyzer: Buy from Traveling Merchant (see above for tips).
Goblin Tech[edit | edit source]
- Stopwatch: Buy from Traveling Merchant (see above for tips).
- DPS Meter: Buy from Traveling Merchant (see above for tips).
- Metal Detector: Create a long tunnel in an Underground Snow biome. Use Water Candles and Battle Potions to increase spawns. Run from end to end of the tunnel until a Lost Girl/Nymph spawns. A Lifeform Analyzer can also be used to find them more easily.