|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
|AI Type||Golem Body AI|
|Max Life||39000 / 58500 (total)|
16000 / 24000 (head)
9000 / 13500 (body)
7000 / 10500 (each fist)
|Debuff duration||5-7 seconds (Fireballs) / 10-14 seconds (Fireballs)|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- 1 Spawn Condition
- 2 The Fight
- 3 General Strategies
- 4 Specific Strategies
Spawn Condition[edit | edit source]
Golem can be summoned by using theat the .
The Fight[edit | edit source]
Golem has a total of four attackable targets, but only two are necessary to defeat:
- Golem Head - This is the main target during the first form. It will frequently spew two fireballs that bounce. At half health, it will begin to fire lasers that increase in frequency when its HP lowers.
- Golem Body - This is the main target during the second form. Its main attack is a jump attack.
- Right Arm - This is an optional target. It uses a punch attack with a reach that can extend across the arena. It is recommended that you take these out first because they will become brutal if you leave them on for the third and fourth phases.
- Left Arm - This is an optional target with the same move-set as the Right Arm. It uses a punch attack with a reach that can extend across the arena.
First Form[edit | edit source]
Once summoned, Golem will move around while slowly attacking with its fists. The head will continuously spit two fireballs that will bounce around the arena. Dodging the fireballs is your priority, as they will inflict On Fire! and prevent health regeneration. The head (15000 HP) and arms are the targets during this phase, with the head being the main target. Destroying the arms is not strictly necessary, but recommended to make the next phase much easier. Note that Lihzahrd enemies can still spawn in the arena.
When Golem's head HP reaches 50% (8000 HP), it will begin using Eye lasers. They start at an average interval, but as the head's HP is reduced, the frequency of the lasers will increase. When the head's hit points reach zero the second form begins. The lasers signal a DPS race and all focus should be concentrated on getting through each laser phase.
Second Form[edit | edit source]
Destroying the head stops the laser assault and reveals Golem's true form. The body (9000 HP) is the main target and destroying it will end the fight. The body will jump around and if the arms still exist, they will punch devastatingly faster compared to phase one. The head will be attacking while flying around. Note that the Head can pass through blocks.
When the body has 50% health left, the head will begin firing lasers again. Like the first form, the laser frequency will increase as the body's hit points decrease.
General Strategies[edit | edit source]
General Tips[edit | edit source]
- Starting the battle as soon as the sun sets (at 7:30 PM) will provide the maximum amount of time to defeat nocturnal bosses. This also means that the and/or can be used if the player has obtained it from Werewolves or Vampires, respectively, providing a combat advantage.
- Prepare your Boss-fighting arena with adequate lighting, and for health regeneration, and for mana regeneration if you use magic.
- provide the Happy! buff to players within a 50-tile radius, which grants a +10% movement speed bonus and 17% reduction in enemy spawn rate.
- Always carry at least one stack of the highest-tier healing potion available (Health Regeneration is not a good idea.
, , , or ). Relying only on natural
- The same goes for , , , or , if you use Magic. The could also be used.
- It is suggested to build houses for the thorns-like effect, while the latter can heal and remove debuffs instantly, at the cost of some . and the NPCs in your arena. The former casts the buff, which increases your defense and provides you with a
- Bosses are displayed on the Minimap: Follow the boss's icon to track it when you're struggling to find it. You can identify the boss icons by checking their respective wiki pages.
- Once you have freed the Dungeon, you can use to enhance your arena with and helpful and . The former help to damage the enemies, though be careful to set them up correctly in order not to hurt yourself during the battle. The latter will spawn heart and star pickups, respectively. Connect these devices to . in the
- It may be useful to summon and kill the Eye of Cthulhu or King Slime before summoning any harder boss in order to spawn an extra one-use pool of hearts.
- Remember to use the , , , and before you go to explore or battle bosses/invasions. These will give class-specific boosts that are useful to take. They give , , , and , respectively.
Terrain Preparation[edit | edit source]
If this is your first encounter with Golem, then you will not possess thecapable of shaping the , so your customization is limited, unless you use to disable the blocks under the altar. The arena that the fight occurs in is also varied in width/height. There are a few ways you can customize the default arena to make the fight much easier.
- Create a small wall dividing the entrance and the arena, leaving an opening for your projectiles to get through. This becomes difficult to build if your default layout has the entrance in the ceiling.
- Create a much larger wall that divides the arena on either side of the altar leaving an opening at the top for you to leap through post-spawn and a spot for your weapons.
- An assortment of small walls scattered throughout the arena.
- A small pit that you can leap into while Golem stomps and punches. This will allow you to deal heavy damage, but you have to be cautious about his eye lasers and fireballs. A heart statue in the pit with you can be useful in keeping you alive.
- can be used for dodging the attacks and move safely and instantly from side to side.
- If you decided to fight Golem in the temple, then and would be useful because they will still keep spawning during the fight. It'll be much easier to get rid of them.
For safety reasons, you should use a Pickaxe or Wire Cutter and remove/disarm all of the traps, as these can be hazardous in the fight.
Gearing up[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- At minimum, players should use at least or , with the helmet to suit your class.
- The best set for a melee user consists of a or , , and , which together provide the best offensive and defensive bonuses available.
- Ranged characters can use , which is the strongest armor available.
- A magic user should use , using the only when at low health to maximize damage output.
- Ballista Canes. provides high health regeneration and the ability to use 2 extra sentries, ideally
- is a very good choice because of the set bonus and acceptable stat bonuses.
- is the standard choice for summoners. For those who have challenged the Pumpkin Moon, is a stronger choice.
- Summoners can attempt to gain more survivability by using a mixed set consisting of a , , and . This set has marginally more defense than Tiki armor and regenerates 4 health/second, and has the same minion capacity bonus as Spooky armor. Because it lacks significant summoning damage bonuses, the best way to use it is to summon as many minions as possible while wearing Spooky armor, then switch to the hybrid set starting with the Forbidden Treads.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
All classes can fare well against Golem.
For Melee users:
- can easily defeat Golem, especially when hiding behind walls (as detailed above). The and are weaker alternatives.
- are another recommended melee item that deals middling damage, but makes it nearly impossible to die.
- is extremely useful as it does good damage, splits into three and is homing.
- deals consistent damage rapidly at mid-range.
- 's piercing is convenient, as it can hit the fists and the head at the same time and deal massive amounts of damage.
- Solar Eclipse, which can be easily summoned from items in the Jungle Temple), and with the Yoyo Bag, it can kill the Golem within a minute. The is a viable alternative. can be obtained by the first encounter (obtained during the
- works well, especially when using the blade itself to damage the fists.
- Cross Necklace, Obsidian Shield, and the best melee bonuses you have access to. can clear the fight with no dodging required if used with a
For Ranged users:
- or coupled with is recommended.
- will also work.
- is the best single-target arrow based weapon, dealing massive damage with or .
- with is very effective in such an enclosed space, with arrows often hitting Golem many times.
- is extremely effective in the first part of the battle as its projectiles can deal high damage to all three attackable parts.
- will entirely prevent Golem's fists from attacking, making the fight much easier. After destroying the fists, you may have to redirect the piranha to Golem's head while dodging his lasers and fireballs.
- Chlorophyte or Crystal Bullets. is a powerful weapon when used with
- or with will tear through Golem's health and kill him very quickly. Both can deal dangerous splash damage to yourself, so can be used if you prefer a longer but safer battle.
- is expensive to use, but more powerful and much safer than using the Rocket Launcher in an enclosed space.
For Magic users:
- will provide constant damage if the clouds are summoned above Golem's head.
- , , and will allow for great sustain when using the Spectre Hood.
- is useful for attacking Golem's head as the explosion radius will stop the fists from attacking you while damaging Golem heavily.
- can be used as an accurate, high-DPS weapon.
- is a good alternative for the beginning of the fight, as it does a good amount of splash damage. Be mindful of its high mana cost.
- is extremely helpful. The Hydra can attack Golem's opposite side, making quick work of his fist. If the Frost Hydra has not been obtained, a is better than nothing.
- Squire armor. is the best sentry available if using
- or will work well, but require line-of-sight.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
Mobility is important due to the multiple ways damage is being dealt in the fight. Wings are very helpful and can be supported by accessories like Shiny Red Balloon and its equivalents. Wings may be dropped if one can jump multiple times, one would, however, need to equip more accessories. With equipping wings, players can also omit the Rocket Boots and its advancements, since running would mean hitting Golem and to fly over is a much safer alternative. If using wings, the Hoverboard is an excellent choice due to its ability to speed under Golem during its jumps and over its head during the first phases. Shield of Cthulhu, Tabi and Master Ninja Gear would suffice. However, players may get into trouble if they dashed into Golem with Shield of Cthulhu.
Charm of Myths is recommended since there is a lot of damage being passed around without a wall, so multiple potions may be necessary. The natural regeneration will also allow you to take advantage of easier phases of the fights. Alternatively, you can switch to Charm of Myths only when drinking health potions, and use another accessory for the rest of the battle. Star Veil and/or Obsidian Shield may also be useful to negate the chance of being clipped by multiple projectiles.
Avenger Emblem and other damage increasing emblems/accessories are very useful for quickly ending the 'hard' phases of the fight given the longer they last the bigger room for error. Magic Cuffs and Mana Flower can be useful for magic characters.
Potions[edit | edit source]
- The Flask of Ichor, Ale, Archery Potion, Mana Regeneration Potion, and Magic Power Potion are very helpful for their respective classes. Mana Regeneration in particular is by far the most important buff for magic users.
- Lifeforce Potion, Ironskin Potion, Regeneration Potion, and Endurance Potion will assist in survivability.
- Any item that provides Well Fed, such as Pumpkin Pie and Bowl of Soup, can be used.
- Summoning Potion, Rage Potion, and Wrath Potion are very useful for all classes.
- Obsidian Skin Potion will prevent Golem’s fireballs from setting you on fire.
Specific Strategies[edit | edit source]
Spiky Balls Strategy[edit | edit source]
Grab all of the spike ball traps and wire from the temple as you pass through it, then when you get to the chamber at the end follow these instructions. Feel free to build a short wall in the entryway to the Golem's summoning chamber to block off the temple's monster spawns from interrupting your fight. Build a vertical wall halfway through the room with three holes in it big enough for you to pass through (3 blocks high). Then build a horizontal walking path on the half of the room opposite from the half Golem's altar is on (as in, not on that side of the room) (One of your vertical wall holes should be level with your walking path, the other should be where your wall meets the ceiling, and the last should be where your wall meets the floor). Make sure there is one hole in it big enough for you to pass through (2 blocks wide) and also make sure you have a small pool space for honey (1 block high, 2 blocks wide). On the side of the room with the altar, build a ceiling using any block type straight across (make sure that your ceiling only covers the open space and not any nooks or crannies). Below the ceiling install as many spike ball traps as will fit, and then hook them up to a pressure plate which you will locate anywhere on your walkway for your convenience. Place a campfire and a heart lantern anywhere that makes sense, and be sure you've got the best armor you can get your hands on, plus as many speed increasing modifiers and at least the Lightning boots. Summon the Golem, then spend the first few minutes of the fight standing in the lower corner (away from the Golem) slashing/shooting/casting magic at the fist that can cross the room to punch you until it breaks. Then hop/fly onto your walkway and proceed to rain deadly spike balls upon the Golem. Focus on hitting your pressure plate as often as you can, while dodging the Golem's laser eyes (Phase 2) as best as you can by flying around your little corner of the room and dunking yourself in your honey pool as often as you can. When Golem's head detaches (Phase 3) be sure to hop over your ceiling hole to make it follow you there, then when you jump back to your walkway it should just hover overhead (instead of right next to you). Continue dodging, dunking, and stomping on your pressure plate until Golem is nothing more than a big pile of dust and drops. This works very effectively when trying to farm for the Picksaw or for money with above tier armor.
Small Space Strategy[edit | edit source]
Make a vertical wall, but put a 3 block gap at the bottom and top so you can get in and out. Also build a horizontal line (with blocks, not platforms) with a 3 block gap somewhere along with it. The horizontal line should stop at the vertical line. When Golem spawns, he should jump up on the horizontal platform, but not go back down. This allows you to hit him continuously (Death Sickle highly approved), without taking too many potions (max 2-3). This also allows you to kill him fast. Also, someone on top of the vertical line shooting on Golem is very helpful.
Bunny Cannon[edit | edit source]
The Bunny Cannon works well against Golem: set it up in an area Golem cannot reach (if the blocks are set just right, Golem will not be able to chase you), and fire away. Calculate Golem’s health and divide it by the bunny cannon’s damage (350), and that should give an approximate number of explosive bunnies to use.
Heart Arrow & Frost Armor Method[edit | edit source]
You Will Need:[edit | edit source]
- Chlorophyte Shotbow/ Tsunami
- Heart Arrow x ~250
- Frost Armor
- High DPS Weapon (eg: Terra Blade, Paladin's Hammer)
Preparation[edit | edit source]
The Battle[edit | edit source]
Spawn Golem while standing on the platforms. Aim and stun his head, but when he punches you, you can stun his arms. In the second form, his head can shoot lasers rapidly and cannot be stunned, so just use a high damage weapon, like a Terra Blade or a Paladin's Hammer to destroy his body. The Frost armor will make the fight a lot faster, allowing Golem to be defeated in less than 2 minutes. For a video tutorial, see Merrick's Terraria Mobile: Heart Arrows VS Golem Video.