We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 1022
Summoning[edit | edit source]
You must kill Corrupt Bunnies or Diseaster Bunnies during Easter, or disaster bunnies (not spawned by lepus) when they will drop Suspicious Looking Eggs, which you must hold in your hand and use to summon Lepus. Try summoning him near your base or anywhere there is a small house made of strong materials. If you leave the area, Lepus will despawn.
The Fight[edit | edit source]
Once you have spawned Lepus, he will be far from the player's current position and once you encounter him he will use jumping attacks and continually leap over the player, like the King Slime. He will occasionally lay small eggs which spawn Diseaster Bunnies or larger ones which spawn weaker Lepuses. Remember to destroy them if you are not confident as they may spawn more weaker Lepuses and overpower you.
- One strategy for beginning players who do not have access to lava is to use grenades, sold by the Demolitionist. First, make a platform above Lepus and wall him in. Then, throw the grenades down at him. This usually destroys his eggs when grenades are constantly thrown. Eventually, usually after 3 stacks of grenades, Lepus is defeated. To make sure that grenades are constantly thrown at Lepus, having another player pass you grenades as you throw them makes this strategy very easy.
- Lepus is vulnerable to lava. Make a house with a layer of thin lava so the drops don't burn. Be sure to put the thin layer of lava on top of the house and near the sides. You may want lava protection to collect the drops. Because you can summon multiple Lepuses, this is a good way to make money. See Guide:Making Money
- Build a wall out of any material and create an opening in it. After spawning the Lepus, attack it from the other side of the wall through the opening. Most weapons will do, such as swords, bows, and guns, but for his big hit box, it's easier to use a spear (early-game players may want to use the Trident for the best result.) If you want to weaken him first, use a thorn chakram in close range.
- In multiplayer, one player can attack the Lepus through the opening while another player focuses on destroying Lepus Eggs as they can hatch into Diseaster Bunnies or even additional, weaker versions of the Lepus.
- The Water Bolt is a good weapon of choice if you enclose Lepus In a small area and place a layer of platforms, just out of his reach. Since the Water Bolt’s attacks bounce off walls, you can place a thin layer of lava at the bottom and use water bolts to bounce of the walls of the enclosed area, and make Lepus unable to hatch eggs.
General Strategies[edit | edit source]
General Tips[edit | edit source]
- Starting the battle just after the sun sets (7:30 PM) will provide the maximum amount of time to defeat nocturnal bosses. (Do pause a moment to make sure the night won't be a Blood Moon, or feature another boss spawning.) In Hardmode, the and/or are also useful at night.
- Prepare your Boss-fighting arena with adequate lighting, and for health regeneration, and for mana regeneration if you use magic.
- provide the Happy! buff to players within a 50-tile radius, which grants a +10% movement speed bonus and 17% reduction in enemy spawn rate.
- Always carry at least one stack of the highest-tier healing potion available (Health Regeneration is not a good idea.
, , , or ). Relying only on natural
- The same goes for , , , or , if you use Magic. The could also be used.
- It is suggested to build houses for the thorns-like effect, while the latter can heal and remove debuffs instantly, at the cost of some . and the NPCs in your arena. The former casts the buff, which increases your defense and provides you with a
- Bosses are displayed on the Minimap: Follow the boss's icon to track it when you're struggling to find it. You can identify the boss icons by checking their respective wiki pages.
- Once you have freed the Dungeon, you can use to enhance your arena with and helpful and . The former help to damage the enemies, though be careful to set them up correctly in order not to hurt yourself during the battle. The latter will spawn heart and star pickups, respectively. Connect these devices to . in the
- It may be useful to summon and kill the Eye of Cthulhu or King Slime before summoning any harder boss in order to spawn an extra one-use pool of hearts.
- Remember to use the , , , and before you go to explore or battle bosses/invasions. These will give class-specific boosts that are useful to take. They give , , , and , respectively.
Terrain preparation[edit | edit source]
Gearing up[edit | edit source]
Depending on where you're at in the game, many weapons can be used. Choose the ones available to you.
Armor[edit | edit source]
- At the very least, you should have a full set of Silver armor.
- Gold/Platinum armor is a strong choice.
- If you've defeated the Brain of Cthulhu, Melee players can use Crimson armor. The same goes for the Eater of Worlds and Shadow armor.
- Molten Armor's defense is high enough to reduce his damage to 1.
- If you want to maximize all damage, you can use Pumpkin armor.
- Meteor armor can be used by mages with the Space Gun.
- Jungle armor can be used by mages for extra damage and mana.
- if you have defeated Skeletron, the Necro armor can be used by ranged players.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- For Melee users
- The Starfury or the Enchanted Sword can deal damage at range. Use these to keep a good distance from Lepus.
- If obtained, the Night's Edge can do massive damage to Lepus.
- An Enchanted Boomerang or stronger can do good damage to Lepus.
- A Flail such as the Ball O' Hurt or The Meatball can take out the Diseaster Bunnies and Lepus Eggs with ease.
- For Ranged users
- A Gold or Platinum Bow or better will do great damage to Lepus. Jester's Arrows can pierce through Lepus and his minions, while Frostburn Arrows, can do good damage while inflicting the Frostburn debuff. Unholy Arrows are a cheaper alternative to Jester's arrows.
- The Minishark will do phenomenal damage, while having great range.
- The Snowball Cannon will do fair damage, while having cheap ammunition.
- For Magic users
- Gem staves deal decent damage, have low mana usage, and can pierce through some enemies.
- The Roman candle is a good weapon, but has a heavy mana cost.
- The Bee Gun's homing shots make it much easier to hit without having to aim.
- The Aqua Scepter and Water Bolt are one of the best weapons available.
- For Summoners
- The Imp Staff is the best weapon available.