||This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
|Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the Mobile and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
Summoning[edit | edit source]
You must kill Corrupt Bunnies or Diseaster Bunnies during Easter, when they will drop Suspicious Looking Eggs, which you must hold in your hand and use to summon Lepus. Try summoning him near your base or anywhere there is a small house made of strong materials. If you leave the area, Lepus will despawn.
Fighting[edit | edit source]
Once you have spawned Lepus, he will be far from the player's current position and once you encounter him he will use jumping attacks and continually leap over the player, like the King Slime. He will occasionally lay small eggs which spawn Diseaster Bunnies or larger ones which spawn weaker Lepuses. Remember to destroy them if you are not confident as they may spawn more weaker Lepuses and overpower you.
- One strategy for beginning players who do not have access to lava is to use grenades, sold by the Demolitionist. First, make a platform above Lepus and wall him in. Then, throw the grenades down at him. This usually destroys his eggs when grenades are constantly thrown. Eventually, usually after 3 stacks of grenades, Lepus is defeated. To make sure that grenades are constantly thrown at Lepus, having another player pass you grenades as you throw them makes this strategy very easy.
- Lepus is vulnerable to lava. Make a house with a layer of thin lava so the drops don't burn. Be sure to put the thin layer of lava on top of the house and near the sides. You may want lava protection to collect the drops. Because you can summon multiple Lepuses, this is a good way to make money. See Guide:Making Money
- Build a wall out of any material and create an opening in it. After spawning the Lepus, attack it from the other side of the wall through the opening. Most weapons will do, such as swords, bows, and guns, but for his big hit box, it's easier to use a spear (early-game players may want to use the Trident for the best result.) If you want to weaken him first, use a thorn chakram in close range.
- In multiplayer, one player can attack the Lepus through the opening while another player focuses on destroying Lepus Eggs as they can hatch into Diseaster Bunnies or even additional, weaker versions of the Lepus.
- Molten Armor's defense is high enough to reduce his damage to 1.
- The Water Bolt is a good weapon of choice if you enclose Lepus In a small area and place a layer of platforms, just out of his reach. Scince the Water Bolt’s attacks bouse off walls, you can place a thin layer of lava at the bottom and use water bolts to bounce of the walls of the enclosed area, and make Lepus unable to hatch eggs.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Lepus Eggs[edit | edit source]
Connect wires to Bunny Statues and Pressure Plates, and put a Dart Trap on one side facing towards the Pressure Plate. When a Blood Moon comes, and the pressure plates are triggered, it will spawn Corrupt Bunnies. These will be shot when walking on the pressure plates. This is also a decent tactic to farm the Bunny Hood.
Lepus[edit | edit source]
Trap Lepus inside a small enclosure like the one mentioned in above sections. Dig out some of the blocks, and replace them with Dart Traps, Super Dart Traps, Flame Traps, or Spear Traps. Hook them up to a 1-second timer, and it should kill Lepus easily. Turn off the traps to collect the egg, and summon another Lepus. Dig out one side of the enclosure, and lead Lepus inside. Close up the wall and turn on the timers. Keep repeating this to Farm him.
Rematches[edit | edit source]
- The Egg Cannon that he drops and the Minishark both work well against him.
- Any combination of Hardmode armor and weapons will help defeat Lepus extremely quickly.
Arena Strategy[edit | edit source]
1. Build a large block above you. Dig a massive pit so when the diseaster bunnies spawn they WILL get trapped in the hole. Summon Lepus. Put 1 block so he can't go forward because of the block above you. Make sure he's facing you. If he's not facing you he will run away (very rare chance) or duplicate himself. Shoot at him rapidly so you can get rid of the eggs as well.
2. Build a large box this time, and make it hollow. Put Lava at the bottom, along with pressure plates going all the way along, linked up to dart traps, which will rapid fire at the Lepus as the eggs get burnt. Be sure to wall out both sides so he can't jump out.
3. Dig a hole at least 5 across and 20 blocks down. Put traps at the bottom and a wall right in front of you. Lepus and the Diseaster Bunnies will try to jump over the hole, but they will hit the wall and fall down. This method does require some time, but you can wait for your spikes to kill Lepus. Sometimes, the smaller Diseaster Bunnies glitch into the wall, just use a weapon that can go through walls, such as the Vilethorn to easily dispose of them.