|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
Ocram is the second endgame boss on the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and . Ocram spawns versionServants of Ocram throughout the whole battle. They can be deadly if not killed right away. It has two stages like the Eye of Cthulhu, but shoots lasers in one or the other.
The Battle[edit | edit source]
Ocram's hit box is not very precise, so some attacks will fail to hit him. To avoid missing him, aim for his eyes.
Ocram's second form is extremely dangerous; he'll fire waves of Demon Scythe spells. Their damage can reach 180 if you are hit by too many, so make sure to avoid them.
General Strategies[edit | edit source]
General Tips[edit | edit source]
- Starting the battle as soon as the sun sets (at 7:30 p.m.) will provide the maximum amount of time to defeat nocturnal bosses.
- Prepare your Boss-fighting arena with adequate lighting, and for health regeneration, and for mana regeneration if you use magic.
- provide the Happy! buff to players within a 50-tile radius, which grants a +10% movement speed bonus and 17% reduction in enemy spawn rate.
- Always bring with you at least one stack of Health Regeneration is not a good idea.
, , , or before doing anything: relying only on natural
- The same goes for , , , or , if you use Magic.
- It is suggested to build houses for the thorns-like effect, while the latter can heal and remove debuffs instantly, at the cost of some . and the NPCs in your arena. The former casts the buff, which increases your defense and provides you with a
- Bosses are displayed on the Minimap: Follow the boss's icon to track it when you're struggling to find it. You can identify the boss icons by checking their respective wiki pages.
- Once you have freed the Dungeon, you can use to enhance your arena with and helpful and . The former help to damage the enemies, though be careful to set them up correctly in order not to hurt yourself during the battle. The latter will spawn heart and star pickups, respectively. Connect these devices to . in the
- It may be useful to summon and kill the Eye of Cthulhu before summoning any harder boss in order to spawn an extra one-use pool of hearts.
- Remember to use the , , , and before you go to explore or battle Bosses / Invasions. These will give class-specific boosts that are useful to take. They respectively give , , , and .
Arena Preparation[edit | edit source]
- It is advised to have a long, straight platform, with a small wall to block attacks similar to a platform used to fight the Wall of Flesh or The Twins.
Gearing Up[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
For Melee users:
- Shoot him with a sword with ranged capabilities, such as the Terra Blade, True Night's Edge, True Excalibur, or Beam Sword.
- If you have not yet acquired any of these swords, an easy sword to obtain is the Chlorophyte Claymore; it deals good amounts of damage and fires orbs which deal hefty amounts of damage.
- Boomerangs such as Light Discs or Bananarangs will work well.
- If you have managed to get The Horseman's Blade, you can easily kill the servants with it, and the summoned pumpkins can hit Ocram.
- If you can get it, use Turtle armor. Otherwise, use the melee sets of Chlorophyte armor or Hallowed armor.
- If you have killed him multiple times before and are planning to farm him, Dragon armor is quite effective.
- You can also use Flasks; the most useful are Flasks of Ichor as they reduce Ocram's defense, and Flasks of Cursed Flames for extra damage.
- If you are looking for a profit, you can use a Flask of Gold.
- Vampire Knives are very useful for their life stealing ability.
- Using the Chlorophyte Warhammer is actually a really good weapon due to its somewhat fast speed and high damage. Just stay outdoors or all your walls will break.
For Ranged users:
- The ranged set of Chlorophyte armor is recommended. If you can't get it, use Hallowed armor instead.
- A Megashark or Uzi as well as Gatligator with Crystal Bullets can work well, if you make sure to aim for his eyes.
- Alternatively, you could use the Flamethrower if you've beaten Skeletron Prime. If you are concerned about your ammo, it would be useful to create a gel farm with a Slime Statue.
- The Pulse Bow is quite effective, as the arrows bounce off walls and deal large amounts of damage.
- Using Heart Arrows with a bow that uses more than one arrow such as the Tsunami can stun Ocram, preventing it from shooting or spawning Servants of Ocram.
For Magic users:
- A Rainbow Rod, Magical Harp, or Heat Ray would work well.
- If you want to kill the servants easily along with Ocram, use Spectre armor, or the mage sets of Hallowed armor, or you can use Chlorophyte armor or Beetle armor.
- Using a Shadowbeam Staff in an enclosed area can deal massive amounts of damage, as the projectiles can bounce off walls, which also can take out the Servants.
- Use Chlorophyte armor (with Chlorophyte Headgear) if you want to defeat him. Otherwise, use Hallowed armor (with Hallowed Headgear).
- Using Spectre armor with the Golden Shower is very useful as it will heal you small amounts of HP, getting you in the fight for longer. At times, this is also useful for switching between the Golden Shower and another Magic weapon for even more damage. The Cursed Flames (the corruption equivalent of the Golden Shower) is less useful since the flames are affected by gravity.
- A Spectre Staff can be very useful if combined Spectre armor (with the hood), therefore healing you bits of life. This is especially useful, as the lasers fire fast and auto-target the servants, quickly dealing large amounts of damage to the servants and Ocram himself.
- The Inferno Fork is an excellent weapon against Ocram and his servants, as they are not immune to the On Fire! Debuff. It's also useful for getting rid of its servants.
- Minions such as the Optic Staff or Raven Staff are effective against Ocram.
- Sentries such as the Queen Spider Staff or Staff of the Frost Hydra are good additional minions.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- A Star Veil or Cross Necklace will help with the servants and lasers.
- Wear a Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Shield or Ankh Shield to prevent knockback.
- Use Wings and Frostspark Boots, Lightning Boots or Spectre Boots for increased speed and mobility.
- If you use magic, a Mana Flower may be helpful. However, the Servants of Ocram can often supply you with enough Mana. Additionally, Magic Cuffs can be used instead.
- Celestial Stone does give the player some advantages, since it adds 4 Defense, Life regeneration and increased Damage.
- If you are not using magic weapons, an emblem or Charm of Myths is good.
- If you use the Fire Gauntlet, Warrior Emblem, Avenger Emblem and Destroyer Emblem with Vampire Knives and melee armor such as Dragon armor or Turtle armor it should be easier for the player.
Heart Arrow & Frost Armor Method[edit | edit source]
You Will Need:[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
Make a flat area, but it does not have to be that big as the Ocram will be stunned in one place for the duration of the fight.
The Battle[edit | edit source]
Spawn the Ocram with the Suspicious Looking Skull, then stun him with your Heart Arrows. remember to aim for the eyes so you won't miss his hitbox. The Frost Armor adds the Frostburn debuff to the Ocram, allowing you to defeat him in less than a minute. For a video tutorial, see Merrick's Terraria Mobile: Heart Arrows VS Ocram Video.