|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
Status: Subject to revision (This Guide does not meet certain quality standards and may be heavily outdated.)
• lacks info of battle strategies
• lacks detailed arena preparation
Ocram is the second endgame boss on the Old-gen console version and version. Ocram spawns Servants of Ocram throughout the whole battle. They can be deadly if not killed right away. It has two stages like the Eye of Cthulhu, but shoots lasers in one or the other.
- Internal NPC ID: 1020
|AI Type||Ocram AI|
180 (demon scythe)
- Internal NPC ID: 1020
The Battle[edit | edit source]
Ocram's hit box is not very precise, so some attacks will fail to damage him. To reduce the chance of missing, aim for the eyes.
Ocram's second form is extremely dangerous; he'll fire waves of Demon Scythe spells. Their damage can reach 180 in one hit, so make sure to avoid them. He will also fire large laser barrages during this phase, so you will want to have mobility accessories equipped.
General Strategies[edit | edit source]
General Tips[edit | edit source]
This content is transcluded from Guide:Practical Tips § Combat.
- Starting the battle just after the sun sets (7:30 PM) will provide the maximum amount of time to defeat nocturnal bosses. In Hardmode, the Moon Charm and/or Moon Stone are also useful at night.
- Prepare your Boss-fighting arena with adequate lighting, and Campfires and Heart Lanterns for health regeneration.
- Always carry at least one stack of the highest-tier healing potion available (Lesser, Normal,or Greater Healing Potions). Relying only on natural Health Regeneration is not a good idea.
- It is suggested to build houses for the Nurse NPC in your arena. The Nurse can heal and remove debuffs instantly, at the cost of some coins.
- Bosses are displayed on the Minimap: Follow the boss's icon to track it when you're struggling to find it. You can identify the boss icons by checking their respective wiki pages.
- Once you have freed the Mechanic in the Dungeon, you can use Wire to enhance your arena with Traps and helpful Heart and Star Statues. The former help to damage the enemies, though be careful to set them up correctly in order not to hurt yourself during the battle. The latter will spawn heart and star pickups, respectively. Connect these devices to timers.
- It may be useful to summon and kill the Eye of Cthulhu or King Slime before summoning any harder boss in order to spawn an extra one-use pool of Hearts. Note that this will prevent any Heart Statues from spawning new Hearts.
Arena Preparation[edit | edit source]
- It is advised to have a long, straight platform, with a small wall to block attacks similar to a platform used to fight the Wall of Flesh or The Twins.
Gearing Up[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
For Melee users:
- Shoot him with a sword with ranged capabilities, such as the Terra Blade, True Night's Edge, True Excalibur, or Beam Sword.
- If you have not yet acquired any of the aforementioned swords, an easier sword to obtain is the Chlorophyte Claymore; it deals good amounts of damage and fires orbs which deal hefty amounts of damage.
- Boomerangs such as Light Discs or Bananarangs will work well. The Possessed Hatchet will do good amounts of damage with a good modifier.
- If you have managed to get The Horseman's Blade, you can easily kill the Servants with it, and the summoned pumpkins can deal big damage to Ocram.
- If you can get it, use Turtle armor. Otherwise, use the melee sets of Chlorophyte armor or Hallowed armor.
- If you have killed him multiple times before and are planning to farm him, Dragon armor is quite effective.
- You can also use Flasks; the most useful are Flasks of Ichor as they reduce Ocram's defense, and Flasks of Cursed Flames for extra damage.
- If you are looking for a profit, you can use a Flask of Gold.
- Vampire Knives are very useful due to their life stealing ability.
For Ranged users:
- The ranged set of Chlorophyte armor is recommended. If you can't get it, use Hallowed armor instead. Shroomite armor outclasses both of these, but is much harder to obtain and is only accessible after Plantera.
- A Megashark or Uzi as well as Gatligator with Crystal Bullet can work well, if you make sure to aim for his eyes.
- Alternatively, you could use the Flamethrower if you've beaten Skeletron Prime. If you are concerned about your ammo, it would be useful to create a gel farm with a Slime Statue.
- The Pulse Bow is quite effective, as the arrows bounce off walls and deal large amounts of damage.
- Using Heart Arrows with a bow that uses more than one arrow such as the Tsunami can stun Ocram, preventing it from shooting or spawning Servants of Ocram.
- Megashark, Venus Magnum, or Clockwork Assault Rifle can be helpful paired up with Chlorophyte Bullets.
For Magic users:
- A Rainbow Rod, Magical Harp, or Heat Ray will excel against Ocram, although the Rainbow Rod should not be used while fighting the Servants.
- If you want an easier battle with Ocram, use Spectre armor, the Hallowed armor with the Headgear, or Chlorophyte armor with the Headgear.
- Using a Shadowbeam Staff in an enclosed area can deal massive amounts of damage, as the projectiles can bounce off walls, which also can take out the Servants.
- Use Chlorophyte armor (with Chlorophyte Headgear) if you want to defeat him. Otherwise, use Hallowed armor (with Hallowed Headgear).
- Using Spectre armor with the Golden Shower is very useful as it will heal small amounts of HP rapidly, greatly reducing the effect of Ocram's strong attacks. This strategy is more useful on the 3DS version, since the Spectre Hood increases magic damage done instead of lowering it. At times, this is also useful for switching between the Golden Shower and another Magic weapon for even more damage. The Cursed Flames (the corruption equivalent of the Golden Shower) is less useful since the flames are affected by gravity.
- A Spectre Staff can be very useful if combined with Spectre armor (with the hood), which heals you as you attack. This is especially useful because the Staff's projectiles fire fast and target the servants instead of Ocram, quickly dealing large amounts of damage to the servants and Ocram himself, after the Servants are gone.
- The Inferno Fork is an excellent weapon against Ocram, as it is not immune to the On Fire! Debuff. It is also useful for getting rid of its servants.
- Minions such as the Optic Staff or Raven Staff are effective against Ocram. Another option is the Tempest Staff if you have defeated Duke Fishron.
- Sentries such as the Queen Spider Staff or Staff of the Frost Hydra are good additional minions.
- The Spooky/Tiki armor sets can boost both minion damage and amount, but if those are unavailable, use Spider armor.
- You will want to equip high-tier summoning items like the Papyrus Scarab, Pygmy Necklace, and Necromantic Scroll to add knockback and extra minions to help in the fight.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- A Star Veil or Cross Necklace will help with the servants and lasers.
- Wear a Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Shield or Ankh Shield to prevent knockback.
- Use Wings and Frostspark Boots, Lightning Boots or Spectre Boots for increased speed and mobility. Master Ninja Gear or the Tabi can also be useful for dodging the laser barrages during the second phase.
- If you use magic, a Mana Flower can be helpful. However, the Servants of Ocram often supply you with enough Mana that potions will hardly be necessary. Magic Cuffs can be used in place of the Mana Flower as well, if you want to avoid Mana Sickness entirely.
- Equipping a Celestial Stone gives the player many advantages, including 4 defense, life regeneration, and increased damage.
- An emblem or Charm of Myths is good for all damage types except summoning. If you use the Fire Gauntlet, Warrior Emblem, Avenger Emblem and Destroyer Emblem with Vampire Knives and melee armor such as Dragon armor or Beetle Armor, the fight will be much easier. if you are fighting Ocram before Golem, use Turtle Armor.