||This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
|Console/Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the console, mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
Ocram is the second endgame boss on the Console version, Mobile version, and version. Ocram spawns Servants of Ocram throughout the whole battle. They can be deadly if not killed right away. It has two stages like the Eye of Cthulhu, but shoots lasers in one or the other.
- Ocram's hit box is not very precise, so some attacks will fail to hit him. To avoid missing him, aim for his eyes.
- Ocram's second form is extremely dangerous; he'll fire waves of Demon Scythe spells. Their damage can reach 180 if you are hit by too many, so make sure to avoid them.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Fly above him with Chlorophyte Bullets if you are ranged. If you want to use melee, swords that fire projectiles such as the Terra Blade and the Death Sickle are preferred, so that the Servants of Ocram get hit at the same time from the beam. Mages do the same with ranged, except use a magic weapon. It is more recommended to fight it after fighting the three Mechanical Bosses.
- The ranged set of Chlorophyte armor is recommended. If you can't get it, use Hallowed armor instead.
- A Megashark or Uzi as well as Gatligator with Crystal Bullets can work well, if you make sure to aim for his eyes.
- Alternatively, you could use the Flamethrower if you've beaten Skeletron Prime. If you are concerned about your ammo, it would be useful to create a gel farm with a Slime Statue.
- The Pulse Bow is quite effective, as the arrows bounce off walls and deal large amounts of damage.
- Shoot him with a sword with ranged capabilities, such as the Terra Blade, True Night's Edge, True Excalibur, or Beam Sword.
- If you have not yet acquired any of these swords, an easy sword to obtain is the Chlorophyte Claymore; it deals good amounts of damage and fires orbs which deal hefty amounts of damage.
- Boomerangs such as Light Discs or Bananarangs will work well.
- If you have managed to get The Horseman's Blade, you can easily kill the servants with it, and the summoned pumpkins can hit Ocram.
- If you can get it, use Turtle armor. Otherwise, use the melee sets of Chlorophyte armor or Hallowed armor.
- If you have killed him multiple times before and are planning to farm him, Dragon armor is quite effective.
- You can also use Flasks; the most useful are Flasks of Ichor as they reduce Ocram's defense, and Flasks of Cursed Flames for extra damage.
- If you are looking for a profit, you can use a Flask of Gold.
- Use Vampire Knives while in honey using any of the armor above. Using these can make the battle almost effortless. With a campfire and Heart Lantern for even more health regeneration you can just continually fire at him, and effortlessly beat him in about half the night.
- Using the Chlorophyte Warhammer is actually a really good weapon due to its somewhat fast speed and high damage. Just stay outdoors or all your walls will break.
- Making an area underground 3 blocks high and about 7-10 blocks long will render most of Ocram's Demon Sickles and Laser attacks useless. With Turtle armor, a Campfire, a Heart Lantern, and a Charm of Myths equipped, this strategy makes Ocram ridiculously easy. The only problems with this strategy is the player will need to aquire a weapon that can attack through walls and put in a lot of damage as to beat the day/night timer.
- A Rainbow Rod, Magical Harp, or Heat Ray would work well.
- If you want to kill the servants easily along with Ocram, use Spectre armor, or the mage sets of Hallowed armor, or you can use Chlorophyte armor or Beetle armor.
- Using a Shadowbeam Staff in an enclosed area can deal massive amounts of damage, as the projectiles can bounce off walls, which also can take out the Servants.
- Use Chlorophyte armor (with Chlorophyte Headgear) if you want to defeat him. Otherwise, use Hallowed armor (with Hallowed Headgear).
- Using Spectre armor with the Golden Shower is very useful as it will heal you small amounts of HP, getting you in the fight for longer. At times, this is also useful for switching between the Golden Shower and another Magic weapon for even more damage. The Cursed Flames (the corruption equivalent of the Golden Shower) is less useful since the flames are affected by gravity.
- A Spectre Staff can be very useful if combined Spectre armor (with the hood), therefore healing you bits of life. This is especially useful, as the lasers fire fast and auto-target the servants, quickly dealing large amounts of damage to the servants and Ocram himself.
- A Star Veil or Cross Necklace will help with the servants and lasers.
- Wear an Obsidian Shield or Ankh Shield to prevent knockback.
- Use Wings and Lightning Boots or Spectre Boots for increased speed and mobility.
- If you use magic, a Mana Flower may be helpful. However, the Servants of Ocram can often supply you with enough Mana. Additionally, Magic Cuffs can be used instead.
- If you are not using magic weapons, an emblem or Charm of Myths is good.
- If you use the Fire Gauntlet, Warrior Emblem, Avenger Emblem and Destroyer Emblem with Vampire Knives and melee armor such as Dragon armor or Turtle armor it should be easier for the player.
Starting up the Battle[edit | edit source]
- It is advised to have a long, straight platform, with a small wall to block attacks similar to a platform used to fight the Wall of Flesh or The Twins.
- If you can, have a pool of honey to dunk yourself in every 30 seconds.
- If you have a full set of Spectre armor and Golden Shower, you only have to stand in one place and shoot at him. He will not kill you, because you'll generally heal faster then he can damage you.
- You can set up a arena by making a box and putting a hole in the top of it. You can then add heart and star statues and add regeneration increacing items. Then stand still in the middle of the box.