|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
- 1 Pre-Hardmode
- 1.1 Starting: Making a House, Setting and others
- 1.2 Starting a fight with Eye of Cthulhu
- 1.3 Corruption and Crimson bosses
- 1.4 Entering the Jungle and finding a Bee Hive
- 1.5 Dungeon exploration
- 1.6 Hellstone and Meteorite mining
- 1.7 Pre-Hardmode
- 2 Hardmode
- 2.1 Starting Hardmode
- 2.2 Hardmode ores and early Hardmode ranger sets
- 2.3 Preparing for The Destroyer
- 2.4 The other Mechanical Bosses
- 2.5 Going back in the Jungle
- 2.6 Dungeon exploration II and Shroomite Set
- 2.7 The Jungle Temple and Solar Eclipse
- 2.8 Hardmode
- 3 Extra Tips
- 4 Item Crafting
Welcome to Terraria!
In this tutorial, we will be teaching beginners and newbies ( or even players who had finished the game ) about a whole walkthrough using only the Ranger class. The other classes known as: Melee, Mage, and Summoner classes together with the minor Thrower class aren't gonna be talked about in this article.
What is Ranger Class?
Ranger is a class that involves using Bows and Guns together with ammunition. Ranger class is useful when keeping a distant fight with enemies or bosses. It is a class most helpful when starting Terraria.
What is Terraria?
Terraria is a famous 2D game developed by Re-Logic, 505 Games, Pipework Studios. Supported by Code Glue, and Engine Software. Terraria is known for its weapons, items, boss fights, gameplay, graphics, classes, and specially, Mods. Terraria is overly spread worldwide with a total of 27+ million players and is playable on almost all platforms.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Starting: Making a House, Setting and others[edit | edit source]
Introduction[edit | edit source]
- Welcome to the world of Terraria where every kind of monsters lurk.
- Terraria contains 2,000+ items and 150+ enemies yet to be discovered. At the world of Terraria, you have to chop down Trees, Kill enemies and Survive the game.
Starting the game[edit | edit source]
- Terraria's most needed function is the creation of your Character and your World, to create a Character. Click Single Player or Multiplayer then select Create New Character to generate your character. You can customized your character by selecting its gender and wears. You can also choose its difficulty. Easycore, Mediumcore, and Hardcore are the choices but I recommend Easycore instead. After that you can click Generate to create your Character.
- To create a world, click Single Player or Multiplayer, after that. Select your Character to play. Click Create New World to generate a new world. By the power of Terraria's world generation, you can select which options to create your world. You can choose Small, Medium, or Large to choose the size of your world. You can also choose the difficulty of the world, it is Normal Mode and Expert Mode. Normal Mode is easier and more effective for a start. You can also choose World Evil which is Corruption and Crimson or Random. Seeds also exist in the game.
Starting your gameplay[edit | edit source]
- For a luxurious start. Start chopping down some Trees using the Copper Axe from your Inventory. You will get Wood from chopping down trees and will allow you to craft the Workbench with 10 wood. Press and hold the Right Button of your mouse to chop down a tree.
- To make a Torch, you will have to go kill a Slime for it drop a Gel. Combine wood and gel to make a Torch at the Workbench. The rest are crafted with wood at the Workbench.
Basic Crafting with Crafting Stations[edit | edit source]
- To craft your first Weapon, you should craft a Wooden Bow for a start using 10 wood at the Work Bench. Make Wooden arrows for your starting ammunition using a wood and a Stone Block at the Work Bench.
- The Underground is a Biome that contains chests, that contains important loots. Magic Mirror is one of them. Using the Magic Mirror recalls you to your spawn point and can be reused infinitely.
- As the game progresses, you would want to go Underground for some Ores. Mine any type of ores using your Copper Pickaxe inside the Underground. Craft a Furnace using 20 Stone Blocks, 4 Woods, and 3 Torches at the Workbench. The Furnace is a crafting station used to smelt ores into Bars
- With enough ores mined, you can smelt your ores into bars at the Furnace. The most important bar you should consider smelting is the Lead Bar or Iron Bar, as you will have to craft a Lead Anvil or Iron Anvil using 5 Lead Bars or Iron Bars at the Workbench. Lead ores and Iron ores may not exist into both worlds, but overall Lead is better than Iron.
- The Anvil will allow you to craft weapons and other equipments using pre-hardmode bars and other materials. The main thing you should craft is a Bow ( with any Bars ) and an Armor ( with any Bars ).
Crafting your first Boss-Summoning Item[edit | edit source]
- After crafting an Armor you will have to farm 6 Lenses from Demon Eyes which commonly spawns at night, you will have to go find a Demon Altar or Crimson Altar. Demon altars appear at worlds infected by the Corruption while the Crimson altar appears at worlds infected by the Crimson.
- With your 6 Lenses you can craft the Suspicious Looking Eye at an altar. The Suspicious Looking Eye is a consumable boss-summoning item that is only used at night which summons the boss
Starting a fight with Eye of Cthulhu[edit | edit source]
Recommended equipments[edit | edit source]
The Night appears in 6:30 PM after sunset. In Night, more powerful enemies will spawn and will attempt to kill you.
- ( Rarely )
- This is the part where you fight your first boss. You can either fight
or the Eye of Cthulhu. Most players do not need an arena for the King Slime. Building a rope 20+ tiles high is high enough for the King Slime not to reach you.
- A Gold armor or Platinum armor set is recommended for your boss fight as it is the strongest armor in this point of the game. A Gold Bow or a Platinum Bow which are all crafted with Gold Bars or Platinum Bars.
- Your accesories should be Hermes Boots and Cloud in a Bottle which are both found in Chests Underground, and also the Aglet which is found in Chests in the Surface. They are extremely helpful for your fight with the Eye of Cthulhu.
- The utter purpose of those accessories to help you dodge. Hermes Boots boosts your movement speed thoroughly. The Cloud in a Bottle gives you the ability to double jump which is helpful for dodging the Eye of Cthulhu when going near you. Aglet is also a movement speed boost accessory that can slightly help you at the battle.
- The recommended potions are Lesser Healing Potions, which is easily found by breaking Pots and Chests around the world. The Archery Potion, The Archery Potion increases arrow damage and speed by 20%. It is crafted using a Bottled Water, Daybloom and a Lens in an Alchemy Table or a Bottle placed on a Workbench.
- The arrows used for this fight are Jester's Arrows.
- The Jester's Arrow is easily crafted at the Workbench using 20 wooden arrows and a Fallen Star which is found in night.
Arena making and strategies[edit | edit source]
The Eye of Cthulhu is a boss that is usually considered as first boss. It is a larger, and stronger version of the Demon Eye but with different AI and sprite.
- For more information, see Guide:Eye of Cthulhu strategies
2,800 / 3,640
First phase: 12
Second phase: 0
- The arena should be a wide arena with wooden platforms (100+ tile wide arena).
- The first step for your strategy is continuously firing arrows directly at the Eye of Cthulhu while running. The Hermes' Boots and Aglet will give you a movement Speed boost to get away from it.
- Eye of Cthulhu's AI is like an advanced Demon Eye AI. The second step is when it goes near you, activate the Cloud in a Bottle to get away from it. Then repeat/cycle the first step and the second step.
Corruption and Crimson bosses[edit | edit source]
Finding the Corruption or Crimson[edit | edit source]
- The Eye Of Cthulhu will drop multiple Demonite Ores or Crimtane Ores ( And maybe even a Trophy, if you're lucky. )
- You can smelt Demonite Ores to Demonite Bars and Crimtane Ores to Crimtane Bars at the Furnace, which will allow you to craft the Demon Bow or Tendon Bow using 8 Demonite Bars / Crimtane Bars at an Anvil.
- At the point of this game, accessories aren't needed too much and will guide you to nothing. You shall now go to the Corruption or Crimson biome where every evil lurks. In The Corruption, you will see multiple wide open gaps filled with purple evil. While in the Crimson, you will see bloody hand-like caves. Proceed to enter them.
The Crimson is a bloody, gory, and menacing biome with an unsettling music. This biome is pretty much more powerful than The Corruption.
- For more information, see Guide:Surviving in the Crimson
- ( Light Pet )
- ( 100 )
- The Corruption and The Crimson are considered the twin evil biomes. Like iron and lead, Corruption and Crimson caves can't naturally generate in the same world. They appear upon world generation. Corruption is identified when the background turns purple, while Crimson is identified when the background turns gory red.
- It is recommended to obtain Bombs or the Reaver Shark for getting to any orbs or hearts. The Reaver Shark is a pickaxe rarely obtained from Fishing in the Ocean. It has a mining power of 100% and will allow you to mine through Ebonstone or Crimstone. Those only require 65% pickaxe power to be mined.
- Also, make sure to bring a Hammer so that you can smash the Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts.
Corruption and Crimson boss[edit | edit source]
The Eater of Worlds is a Burrowing Boss. It has many segments and will always attempt to attack you at any directions, it will split when one of its body is destroyed.
- For more info , see Guide:Eater of Worlds strategies
Inflicted When: On Contact
Debuff Duration: 10 MinutesChance: 5%
Cover gaps with
The Brain of Cthulhu is a floating Boss that has many minions. It has the ability to teleport near players.
- For more info, see Guide:Brain of Cthulhu strategies
Inflicted When: On Contact
Debuff Duration: MixedChance: Mixed
- In the Corruption and Crimson, there lies an ultimate evil that you will have to defeat. You have to smash 3 Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts in order to summon them. The and The . Both are bosses from the Corruption / Crimson.
- The Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart has a chance to drop the Musket / The Undertaker, together with some Musket Balls as the ammunition. They are both are guns helpful to defeat the Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- The Eater of Worlds is a Burrowing Enemy that is spawned by destroying 3 Shadow Orbs in the Underground Corruption or by using the Worm Food. Fighting it without an arena is very tough since the Underground Corruption has a small space. It has many segments, when one of its body is destroyed, it will split into half and will repeat. The Head and The Tail is the Eater of Worlds' weakness since it doesn't let it split, each segment of the Eater of Worlds has its own health and attacks.
- The Brain of Cthulhu is a boss spawned by destroying 3 Crimson Hearts at the Underground Crimson biome, or by using a Bloody Spine. It has two phases. When summoned, it will start out as an invincible host while its servants will try to attack you. Brain of Cthulhu has the ability to teleport near the player. A flat arena is very mch needed for this battle. Aftwr killing all its servants, it will enter its second phase which will allow him to be vincible. The reason why the Brain of Cthulhu is more weaker than the Eater of Worlds is because of its health which is 2,000 only. The Brain of Cthulhu's second phase is very easy to fight off.
- The Eater of Worlds will drop multiple Shadow Scales, while the Brain of Cthulhu drops multiple Tissue Samples that allows you to craft the Shadow armor or Crimson armor with Demonite Bars or Crimtane Bars. The Shadow armor is very focused on movement speed and melee speed which is utterly useless for this class. While the Crimson armor focuses on damage and greatly increases life regeneration as its set bonus which is actually, very useful.
Entering the Jungle and finding a Bee Hive[edit | edit source]
The Jungle biome[edit | edit source]
- After you have defeated the Eater of Worlds / Brain of Cthulhu. It's time for the The Jungle biome.
- As others may suggest, the Jungle is the strongest biome. The Jungle biome contains much more powerful enemies that will challenge you ( or maybe even annoy you ).
- There you can find wild Ivy Chests in the Underground Jungle and inside those you can obtain the Boomstick.
- Grinding Hornets is needed to obtain the Bezoar. The Bezoar is an accessory that is dropped by Hornets for a 1% / 2% chance. Wearing it gives you immunity to Poisoned debuff which will help you pass through Hornets while finding your true target.
- With your trusty Demon Bow or Tendon Bow in hand together with some Jester's arrows or Unholy arrows. You can almost easily kill the rest of the Underground Jungle enemies.
Exploring and finding The Bee Hive[edit | edit source]
The Bee Hive is a Mini-Biome that is found in the Underground Jungle biome. It has a naturally-generated item called the Larva used to spawn The Queen Bee.
- You would want to explore the whole Underground Jungle in order to find a Bee Hive. A Bee Hive contains The Larva which spawns when destroyed. Your most important target in this point of the game.
Strategy and Equipments for Queen Bee[edit | edit source]
The Queen Bee is a Boss that has its own Mini-Biome. It has two set of attacks that changes after every few seconds.
- For more info, see Guide:Queen Bee strategies
3,400 / 4,760
8 / 8-20 ( Increases as Health lowers )
- As for preparing the arena. You should make a platform arena with 3 to 5 layers, by this time you should have an Ammo Reservation Potion and an Ammo Box. Both items gives you chances to not use an ammunition while firing with a gun.
- The Ammo box is bought from the 15 . The Traveling Merchant is an NPC that doesn't move into one of your house and stays from morning 'till afternoon. You can also bring a bunch of Archery Potions with you in order to increase arrow damage. NPC for
- The Ammo Reservation Potion is crafted at a Placed Bottle or an Alchemy Table with a Bottled Water, Double Cod, and a Moonglow.
- Destroying The Larva with a weapon will summon The Queen Bee. Queen Bee is a flying boss that is pretty annoying to deal with.
- Queen Bee has 2 types of attacks. First, it will dash continuously until it enters its second move. Its second move is when The Queen Bee will stay still for a few amount of time and will summon her minions until it enters again her first move.
- Cloud in a Bottle is very useful for this fight as it will be used to dodge Queen Bee's first move. While Demon Bow or Tendon Bow with some Jester arrows will pierce through Queen Bee's minions and will attack her.
Dungeon exploration[edit | edit source]
Locating the Dungeon[edit | edit source]
- After defeating the Queen Bee, she will drop The Bee's Knees. If not, try finding more Bee Hives and repeat killing Queen Bee.
- The Bee's Knees is the most powerful bow you can get in this point of the walkthrough. Now, your main task is to head to The Dungeon.
- The Dungeon is located in a direction where there is no Jungle biome. Attempting to go inside the Dungeon spawns the Dungeon Guardian and will instantly kill you.
Cursing the Old Man[edit | edit source]
- In the Dungeon entrance, you will see an NPC called the Old Man. At Day, he will talk about something that his master can't be summoned at day. Meanwhile at Night, an option called the "Curse" will appear. But don't press it yet because you have to get ready
- Once a Dryad moves into one of your shelters, she will sell a Pumpkin Seed. Planting it on grass then waiting will grow it into a Pumpkin. You can craft the Pumpkin Pie using Pumpkins at the Workbench. Consuming it increases your stats slightly.
- With the help of some potions, weapons, and armor. Talk to The Old Man and click the "Curse" button ( Make sure you do it exactly at 6:30 PM ). After that, Skeletron will spawn and will fight you.
Strategies for Skeletron[edit | edit source]
Skeletron is the master of the Old Man at the Dungeon Entrance. He will try to prevent you from entering the Dungeon at any cost.
- For more info, see Guide:Skeletron strategies
4,400 / 8,800
32 / 70
1000 ( During Day )
Inflicted when: On Contact
Debuff Duration: 6 - 10 secondsChance: 100%
- Before clicking the "Curse" button. Make sure you've built a platform arena with 4 layers and 100 tiles wide.
- Skeletron has a very unique AI that is hard to dodge. Like Queen Bee. Skeletron has two sets of attack.
- His first attack is when he will continuously flail his hands directly at you. While at his second attack, he will stay still above you and continuously flail his hands.
- Destroying one of Skeletron's hands will make him weaker since he cannot flail it anymore.
Dungeon looting[edit | edit source]
- After defeating Skeletron, you will be able to finally enter the Dungeon. Now, your main task is to gather 150 Bones from killing Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls.
- There is also an enemy called the Dungeon Slime. It is a slime type AI enemy that drops a Golden Key after getting killed.
- The helpful and main use of Golden Keys are to open the Locked Gold Chest inside The Dungeon.
- Inside the Locked Gold Chests, you will be able to find the Handgun, it helps you deal more damage to enemies. You will also find a Bound Mechanic NPC, which is a Town NPC that will sell you items needed for wiring.
Your new armor set[edit | edit source]
- After gathering 150 bones, go to The Underground and gather 135 Cobwebs.
- Go into a Workbench and craft the Necro armor set. Which is a very huge upgrade for this class and in this very point of the game. It also grants ranged damage increase, Guns will be very useful at this part.
Hellstone and Meteorite mining[edit | edit source]
The Underworld introduction[edit | edit source]
- Most players considet that the Underworld is the hardest biome in Pre-hardmode.
- The Underworld is found in the deepest parts of your World. You can use either the Reaver Shark or Dynamites to mine down deep into The Underworld fastly.
- While mining through, Gather some Obsidians. Obsidian will be created when Water and Lava collide. After mining deep down to the Underworld, you will encounter a bunch of new enemies.
Mining through Hellstone[edit | edit source]
- Hellstone is commonly found at the Lava parts of the Underworld. Mining them will be extremely hard due to the fact that Lava deals incredible damage to you when touched and inflicts the On Fire! debuff.
- Hope you have brought some Obsidian Skin Potions with you as it makes you immune to Lava and helps you mine Hellstone more easily and effective.
- Mine Hellstones as many as you want until you have no Obsidian Skin Potions left.
- Go inside an Obsidian Mansion within the Underworld and find a Hellforge. The Hellforge is an item that can smelt Hellstone and some few Early-Hardmode ores. After that, go back to your shelter.
- Replace your Furnace with the Hellforge and smelt some Hellstone Bars. With 10 Hellstone Bars and your Handgun, you can craft the Phoenix Blaster. The Phoenix Blaster is the stronger version of the Handgun, it is perfectly partnered with Silver Bullets.
- Craft the [[Molten Fury] using 15 Hellstone Bars at the Anvil. It is the second strongest Bow in Pre-hardmode ( The first being Hellwing Bow which can be found in Shadow Chests ).
Meteorite weapon[edit | edit source]
The Meteorite biome has a 50% chance to appear when a Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart is destroyed when Night. It is composed of Meteorites.
- ( 200+ )
- Has the sign "A meteorite has landed!" appeared while smashing Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts? If yes, a Meteorite biome has spawned within your world. If no, smash more Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts at Night. A Meteorite biome has a 50% chance to appear at Night when smashing Shadow Orbs and Crimson Hearts, it contains 200+ Meteorites
- Bring an Obsidian Skull or an Obsidian Shield with you, which is crafted with 20 Obsidian at your Hellforge ( or Furnace ). While the Obsidian Shield is crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop using ab Obsidian Skull and a Cobalt Shield which is found in Locked Gold Chests in the Dungeon.
- Gather 5 Fallen Stars, and craft 20 Meteorite Bars at the Anvil. Buy another Minishark from the Arms Dealer NPC and finally craft the .
- It is the most powerful weapon in Pre-hardmode but uses Fallen Stars as its ammunition. You may know that Fallen Stars are hard to gather since they only appear at Night around the World. But it deals piercing damage.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Getting ready for The Fight[edit | edit source]
- With the fulfilled help of your Necro armor, Potions, Weapons, and other buffers. You will now finally challenge the final Pre-hardmode boss.
- Go back to the Underworld biome and create an arena with Platforms or Planter Boxes. Have it 300 ties wide or more, and flat.
Summoning the Wall of Flesh[edit | edit source]
The Wall of Flesh is the final Pre-hardmode boss in Terraria. It has a lot of skill sets and servants.
8,000 / 11,200
50 / 150
12 / 18
Inflicted When: Behind Wall of Flesh
Debuff Duration: InfinityChance: 100%
Inflicted When: Behind Wall of Flesh
Debuff Duration: InfinityChance: 100%
- To summon your final Pre-hardmode boss. You have to kill a Voodoo Demon which is found in the Underworld rarely. Voodoo Demons drops the Guide Voodoo Doll which is used to summon the final Pre-hardmode boss Wall of Flesh.
- The Guide Voodoo Doll can be used by throwing it to lava or equipping it then killing the Guide NPC.
- Wall of Flesh is considered the hardest boss of Pre-hardmode because of its skill set and its long life.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- The only viable strategy is by striking while running. The Wall of Flesh fires lasers while getting closer towards you. To prevent it is by using walls that is randomly placed around the arena.
- After defeating the Wall of Flesh, you will finally unlock the Hardmode. The Hardmode consists of many more powerful weapons and items and weapons, and enemies. Good luck..
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Starting Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Hardmode ores and early Hardmode ranger sets[edit | edit source]
Mythril and Orichalcum[edit | edit source]
Adamantite and Titanium[edit | edit source]
Preparing for The Destroyer[edit | edit source]
The other Mechanical Bosses[edit | edit source]
Challenging Skeletron Prime[edit | edit source]
Challenging The Twins[edit | edit source]
Going back in the Jungle[edit | edit source]
Dungeon exploration II and Shroomite Set[edit | edit source]
The Jungle Temple and Solar Eclipse[edit | edit source]
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Dungeon and the Cultists[edit | edit source]
Celestial Pilars[edit | edit source]
The Last[edit | edit source]
Extra Tips[edit | edit source]
- is the most used and useful bullet in the game, it can be crafted as 70 (grouped) Chlorophyte Bullets with 70 Musket Balls and 1 at a Mythril or Orichalcum anvil, It chases after your enemy and is better when used with Megashark or Onyx Blaster (or with the )
Item Crafting[edit | edit source]
This section mentions how to craft the items, accessories, and weapons mentioned into this Guide.
Weapons and Tools
|(25) ( )|
|(5) ( )|