Guide:Surviving in the Hallow
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
The Hallow cannot naturally exist in a pre-Hardmode world. After defeating the Wall of Flesh, two diagonal strips in a "V" formation will infect the world. One side of the world will be Hallow, the other being Corruption/Crimson.
While the Hallow isn't as dangerous as its evil counterparts, it can still be a deceptively difficult biome.
Recommended Gear[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
At minimum, you should h ave the strongest armor sets available in pre-Hardmode.
- Melee players should at least have .
- Rangers should use , as it provides the best increases to ranged damage.
- For a mage, the strongest armor set consists of the Wizard set with a , and
- As a Summoner, is the minimum. The can be quickly obtained at the beginning of Hardmode.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
For Melee users:
- or ; the former has better damage and knockback, while the latter has greater range.
- An is a very good weapon that can easily be obtained early on. A is slightly weaker, and it's acquired similarly.
- is a very strong spear that can handle enemies at close range.
For Ranged users:
- , or will deal with most enemies.
- A or any is useful as well.
For Magic users:
- A or are great for single target damage.
- or are very useful for crowd control.
- The is the most reliable minion available. Most Prehardmode minions deal too little damage to be effective against the large numbers of enemies in the Hallow.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Any Emblem dropped by the Wall of Flesh is highly useful in Hardmode.
- Movement accessories, such as
or variants of the are very useful.
- On Expert Mode, the is very useful for mobility.
- should definitely be used if obtained.
- The Expert mode exclusive reduces damage taken.
- are pretty useful to quickly recover mana as a Mage.
Other[edit | edit source]
- It is almost required to have 400 Health and 200 mana.
- A or is the best prehardmode pickaxe to have around.
- A Hook is always useful for exploring.
Exploration[edit | edit source]
The Surface Hallow is the only place whereand can be obtained, two materials that are useful for recipes, most notably the and . It can be generated anywhere in the world once in Hardmode, including the natural Corruption/Crimson biomes.
There are only three enemies that can spawn here:
- are the most common. They have moderate damage and health, and low knockback resistance. While they aren't too big of a threat, be careful to not get overwhelmed by them, especially at night. It rarely drops the or when killed.
- An is a very fast enemy that has very high health, knockback resistance, and damage. It can easily catch a player off guard, however it can barely jump, which can be exploited by standing above it.
- At night, Slime, the Expert mode exclusive will make it completely harmless. will appear. They are common have high Health, Defense, and can shoot lasers. Since it's considered a
Most of the Hallow's value lies underground, whereand are acquired. These two materials are required for many early Hardmode recipes, hence they should always be collected or farmed for.
Crystal Shards will grow naturally on the Pearlstone blocks, while Souls of Light have a chance to be dropped by any enemy killed within the biome. A good farming spot for the latter is a wide section of a cavern, where all enemies will spawn within one place. The area should also have an enclosed area to hide in when at low health.
Like every other biome in Hardmode, there are stronger enemies added to those in the regular Caverns.
- Wings or a substantial movement accessory, they should be avoided, as they have higher stats than Giant Bats. are very threatening. With no
- are dangerous when venturing the Underground Hallow: They can easily catch a player off guard with their ability to teleport, and have high health. They don't jump very high however, so they are easier to kill when standing above them. They can easily be seen since they glow in the dark.
- are common and easy to deal with. They should only be treated like a slime with higher stats.
- are very rare, and they have a chance to inflict on hit. They move through blocks, and charge towards towards the player. If hit however, they will start spinning, becoming unable to move. This makes them rather easy to deal with.
- are rare, but they should always be avoided until better gear is obtained, as their massive stats and attack patterns make them incredibly hard to kill underground.
Other Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Hallow spreads in a similar way to the Corruption and Crimson.
- Unlike Corruption/Crimson, NPCs can live in the Hallow without leaving. In fact, it is a good idea to have your base Hallowed, as this will stop the evil biomes from coming towards it.
- The is a great weapon that can be very easily obtained at the beginning of Hardmode. It has a 1/200 (0,5%) chance to be obtained from fishing in the Hallow.