Guide:Surviving in the Hallow
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
The Hallow cannot naturally exist in a pre-Hardmode world. After defeating the Wall of Flesh, two diagonal strips in a "V" formation will infect the world. One side of the world will be Hallow, the other being Corruption/Crimson.
The Hallow isn't as difficult as its evil counterparts, but it can still be a deceptively difficult biome.
Recommended Gear[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- Melee players should at least have Molten armor.
- Rangers should use Necro armor, as it provides the best increases to ranged damage.
- Magic users should use the Wizard set with a Wizard Hat and Diamond Robe, as it provides very high stat increases for Magic weapons. The Jungle armor trades firepower for slightly better defense.
- All three classes benefit from Palladium armor or higher.
- As a Summoner, Bee armor is the minimum. Spider armor can be quickly obtained at the beginning of Hardmode.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
For Melee users:
- or ; the former has better damage and knockback, while the latter has greater range.
- An is a very good weapon that can easily be obtained early on. A is slightly weaker, and it's acquired similarly.
- is a very strong spear that can handle enemies at close range.
For Ranged users:
- , or will deal with most enemies.
- A or any is useful as well.
For Magic users:
- A or are great for single target damage.
- or are very useful for crowd control.
- The is the most reliable minion available. Most Prehardmode minions deal too little damage to be effective against the large numbers of enemies in the Hallow.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Any Emblem dropped by the Wall of Flesh is extremely useful in Hardmode.
- Movement accessories, such as
or variants of the are very useful.
- On Expert Mode, the should definitely be used for mobility.
- should definitely be used if obtained.
- The Expert mode exclusive reduces damage taken.
- are pretty useful to quickly recover mana as a Mage.
Other[edit | edit source]
- It is almost required to have 400 Health and 200 mana.
- A or is the best prehardmode pickaxe to have around.
- A Hook is always useful for exploring.
Surface[edit | edit source]
The surface Hallow will usually have different appearances, as it can generate anywhere in the World, including the natural Corruption/Crimson biomes. It is also the only place whereand can be obtained. The two materials are useful for some recipes, most importantly the and .
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- are the most common enemy. They has moderate damage and health, and low knockback resistance. Overall they aren't too big of a threat, althrough be careful to not get overwhelmed by them, especially at night. It rarely drops the or when killed.
- An is a very fast enemy that has high health, knockback resistance, and damage. It can easily catch a player off guard, but it can barely jump, so it is pretty easy to deal by standing above it.
- At night, Slime so the Expert mode exclusive will make it completely harmless. will appear. They have high Health, Defense, and can shoot lasers. The Gastropod is the most dangerous of the three surface enemies, but it's considered a
Underground Hallow[edit | edit source]
This is one of the most important areas on early Hardmode, as this is where Underground Cabin in order to have an easy way to farm the enemies and recover.and are acquired. These two materials are very important for early Hardmode crafting, so they should always be collected. An easy way to farm the Souls is finding a wide area with a "safezone" like an
Like every other biome in Hardmode, there are stronger enemies added to those in the regular Caverns, so caution is required.
- are common and easy to deal with. They should only be treated like a slime with higher stats.
- Wings or a substantial movement accessory, they should be avoided, as they have higher stats than Giant Bats. are more threatening. With no
- are dangerous when venturing the Underground Hallow: They can easily catch a player off guard with their ability to teleport, and have high health. They don't jump very high however, so they are easier to kill when standing above them. They can easily be seen since they glow in the dark.
- are very rare, and they have a chance to inflict on hit. They move through blocks, and charge towards towards the player. If hit however, they will start spinning, becoming unable to move. This makes them rather easy to deal with.
- are rare, but they should always be avoided until better gear is obtained, as their massive stats and attack patterns make them incredibly hard to kill underground.
Other Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Hallow spreads in a similar way to the Corruption and Crimson.
- Unlike Corruption/Crimson, NPCs can live in the Hallow without leaving. In fact, it is a good idea to have your base Hallowed, as this will stop the evil biomes from coming towards it.
- The is a great weapon that can be very easily obtained at the beginning of Hardmode. It has a 1/200 (0,5%) chance to be obtained from fishing in the Hallow.