Guide:Surviving in the Jungle Temple
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
The Jungle Temple, also known as the Lihzahrd Temple, is a big structure that is located in the Underground Jungle, with no surface entrance. It can only be accessed after defeating Plantera in the hardmode Underground Jungle, and exploring it is mandatory to progress to the Lunar Events.
The place is usually explored to obtain the materials needed for Golem. Even with post-Plantera gear, surviving in the place can be challenging, due to the very strong enemies and the considerably high amount of traps., and to obtain the drops from the boss of the area, the
Recommended Gear[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- For all classes (except Summoner), or is the minimum.
- is the best for Melee players. has more defense, but smaller offensive bonuses.
- is the best choice for Ranged users.
- is the strongest armor available for Mage characters.
- is the best for summoners.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
For Melee users:
- or are the best Swords available.
- is the strongest Yoyo.
- are a good choice because of their high DPS and lifesteal.
- is a strong weapon, especially against crowds.
- Using a is recommended due to it being able to shoot through walls.
- The is useful due to the tiny eaters being able to chase enemies.
- and are still decent weapons.
- If used correctly, the can deal an extreme amount of damage to all enemies.
For Ranged users:
- The or with are two of the best guns available.
- The with is also a solid choice.
- with or with are the strongest bows available.
- The or with or are good for crowds.
- The is decent as well.
For Magic users:
- The is good for both crowds and single targets.
- The and are solid secondary weapons to use.
- The and are still solid weapons.
- The and make full use of their bouncing, piercing projectiles due to the enclosed nature of the Temple.
- Using a to cover a vertical drop from layer to layer allows for a good crowd control of enemies.
- The is always a good weapon.
- and are the best for crowd control, while is better for single targets.
- The Tavernkeep's Sentries are also good to have. or any of the
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- are almost mandatory at this point.
- Mobility accessories such as the or are always good.
- A damage increasing accessory, such as any of the Emblems or are very good as well.
- or greater are pretty good for quickly regaining mana as a mage.
- allows a more frequent use of .
Potions[edit | edit source]
- is useful for detecting enemies in the next room or layers.
- A is extremely useful as it will highlight the traps all over the temple.
Other[edit | edit source]
- highlights wires regardless of being held or not, and is highly recommended for traversing the temple.
- A is useful to stand out of the Lihzahrds' reach.
- It's also good to use the bonuses of a , , or , depending on class.
Exploration[edit | edit source]
There are two main enemies in the Jungle Temple:
- 80) damage in their first form, and about 60 (120) in their second. have two forms: they'll first walk on two legs, and then when they get to half Health, they'll become quadrupeds, becoming much faster and immune to knockback. Lihzahrds do about 40 (
- possess the ability to fly and do considerably higher damage, however they are significantly more vulnerable to knockback and have less health.
The enemies are not the only threat found, the Jungle Temple is notorious for its large amount of Traps, such as:
- , which will launch high-speed poisonous darts;
- , which will deal very large amounts of damage with a short range;
- , which drops spiky balls that bounce and linger around for a long time;
- , that jab you from above with high-speed spears;
- , which will deal damage to you when touched.
One should move slowly and carefully, and pay attention to the floor. If you can't seem to spot pressure plates very well, you can stick to traversing across the ceiling or you can holdto enable you to see the wires leading to some of the traps. Cutting them will disable the traps and allow you to pass safely. Additionally, traps can also be mined with a Pickaxe. Explosives can also be used to easily remove Wooden Spikes.
At the end of the Temple lies a wide, expansive area where a single Golem.can be found. The found in chests and dropped by local enemies can be used to activate it and summon the boss of the area, the
- For an specific guide on the boss battle itself, see Guide:Golem strategies.