Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
Guide:The Torch God strategies
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
Status: Under revision (This Guide is currently being revised or has been revised partially. It hasn't met all quality standards yet.)
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
Terrain Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Open areas are useful as you have a lot of space to move around.
- Different torches have different flame colors. Crimson Torches are a bad idea to use, as the flames are almost impossible to see. Using Ultrabright Torches will give you an easy time to spot as they have very bright flames.
- Creating a loop of Minecart Track around the torches can be an effective way to dodge the fireballs easily.
- Circling the flames using Rope and Platforms is an easy way to avoid being hit.
Gearing Up[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- An Ultrabright Helmet can be used for greatly increased vision at the cost of a possible higher defense helmet.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Items like the Black Belt and Cross Necklace will completely stop damage altogether with dodges and immunity frames.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Potions[edit | edit source]
- Using Calming Potions will stop the extra enemies from spawning, allowing you to focus more on dodging.
- Vision-increasing potions like the Night Owl Potion makes the projectiles easier to spot.
- The Ironskin Potion will help you tank in case that you got hit by a flame.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Enabling autopause will be helpful to dodge the fireballs easily by planning your next move every time you open your inventory.
- Using Peace Candles will stop the extra enemies from spawning, allowing you to focus more on dodging.
Alternative strategies[edit | edit source]
- The projectiles can be easily avoided by placing all the torches in the center of your arena, building a large open space underground and moving in one direction (near the edges) during the event.
- Good additions to your arena are a rope ladder, as dodging the flames vertically is easy. Non-torch light sources, like lanterns and campfires, will help you to see better.