Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
Guide:The Torch God strategies
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
Status: Under revision (This Guide is currently being revised or has been revised partially. It hasn't met all quality standards yet.)
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
Terrain Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Open areas are useful as you have a lot of space to move around.
- Different torches have different flame colors. Crimson Torches are a bad idea to use, as the flames are almost impossible to see. Using Ultrabright Torches will give you an easy time to spot as they have very bright flames.
- Creating a loop of Minecart Track around the torches can be an effective way to dodge the fireballs easily.
- Circling the flames using Rope and Platforms is an easy way to avoid being hit.
Gearing Up[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- An Ultrabright Helmet can be used for greatly increased vision at the cost of a possible higher defense helmet.
- Hallowed Armor can be used to inflict the Holy Protection Buff.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Items like the Black Belt, Master Ninja Gear, (Shield of Cthulhu in Expert Mode) and Cross Necklace will completely stop damage altogether with dodges and immunity frames.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
- Mounts like the Slime Mount, UFO mount, Drill Mount, (Fishron Mount on Expert Mode, The Black Spot on Master Mode.) will all help you focus on dodging the flames.
Hooks[edit | edit source]
- The Hook of Dissonance can be used to help you teleport your hook to dodge the flames.
Potions[edit | edit source]
- Using Calming Potions will stop the extra enemies from spawning, allowing you to focus more on dodging.
- Vision-increasing potions like the Night Owl Potion makes the projectiles easier to spot.
- The Ironskin Potion will help you tank in case that you got hit by a flame.
- Swiftness Potions are a good source of speed. It is used to dodge flames quicker so you don't get hit.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Enabling autopause will be helpful to dodge the fireballs easily by planning your next move every time you open your inventory.
- Using Peace Candles will stop the extra enemies from spawning, allowing you to focus more on dodging.
Alternative strategies[edit | edit source]
- The projectiles can be easily avoided by placing all the torches in the center of your arena, building a large open space underground and moving in one direction (near the edges) during the event.
- Good additions to your arena are a rope ladder, as dodging the flames vertically is easy. Non-torch light sources, like lanterns and campfires, will help you to see better.
- If you make a house near the area you plan to fight, you can move the nurse in, thereby negating the need to dodge the projectiles at all, so long as you have a way to negate knockback, such as a cobalt shield or any hook.
- If you set your spawn point with a bed nearby you can continue to fight even after you die.
- If you are having trouble beating the event by conventional means, a viable strategy is to build a 10 by 10 torch square with a minecart track circling it. leave one torch out of the cube until the track is complete.