Guide:Turkor the Ungrateful strategies
|This is a Guide page.|
This means the page will walk you through a specific task, strategy, or enemy/boss fight.
Status: Under revision (This Guide is currently being revised or has been revised partially. It hasn't met all quality standards yet.)
Spawning conditions[edit | edit source]
Turkor the Ungrateful is summoned with the Cursed stuffing, an item dropped only during Thanksgiving, and will only appear if the player has a Pet Turkey summoned. When Turkor is summoned, he will spawn about 5 tiles above the summoned pet turkey.
The Fight[edit | edit source]
When Turkor is summoned, the body will stay on the ground, and immediately summon a Turkor head. The head can be compared to the Eye of Cthulhu; They will remain above the player, and occasionally lunge towards them, making a clucking sound before doing so. When all heads have been killed, the body's defense will lower dramatically for 25 seconds. While in this state, Turkor's body will spew blood and turkey feathers. After the time has passed, it will grow one to three more heads, depending on its health. This process will repeat itself until the body is defeated, which will end the fight.
General Strategies[edit | edit source]
General tips[edit | edit source]
This content is transcluded from Guide:Practical Tips § Combat.
- Prepare your Boss-fighting arena with adequate lighting, and Campfires and Heart Lanterns for health regeneration. Bast Statues will provide a significant defensive boost. Garden Gnomes will reduce damage taken and damage dealt due to the luck. Honey pools can also be used for extra health regeneration.
- Always carry at least one stack of the highest-tier healing potion available (Lesser, Normal,or Greater Healing Potions). Relying only on natural Health Regeneration is not a good idea.
- It is suggested to build houses for the Nurse NPC in your arena. The Nurse can heal and remove debuffs instantly, at the cost of some coins.
- Bosses are displayed on the Minimap: Follow the boss's icon to track it when you're struggling to find it. You can identify the boss icons by checking their respective wiki pages.
- Once you have freed the Mechanic in the Dungeon, you can use Wire to enhance your arena with Traps and helpful Heart and Star Statues. The former help to damage the enemies, though be careful to set them up correctly in order not to hurt yourself during the battle. The latter will spawn heart and star pickups, respectively. Connect these devices to timers.
- It may be useful to summon and kill the Eye of Cthulhu or King Slime before summoning any harder boss in order to spawn an extra one-use pool of Hearts. Note that this will prevent any Heart Statues from spawning new Hearts.
Terrain preparation[edit | edit source]
Turkor cannot directly follow the player, so minimal arena preparation is needed. Make sure the arena compliments your weapon choice, and fight on. Have a wide open space without any walls, as if you get stuck on one, Turkor will stick you against it to attack you and prohibit you from moving. He can also fly through tiles, so don't even think about a safety cage. An arena with some platforms about ten tiles spaced out from each other vertically and about 100 tiles worth of space horizontally will work as a simple arena. You can also make a small platform out of the head's range and use a ranged weapon to attack them.
Gearing up[edit | edit source]
Armor[edit | edit source]
- At the least, use Gold or Platinum armor.
- For melee users, Molten armor is preferred for its high damage and defense. Since Turkor is unable to move, Crimson armor can also be used for its rapid life regeneration, creating a safer but slower approach. Shadow armor is also a viable option, as it provides a fast melee speed and fast movement speed.
- Ranged users should use Necro armor as its 20% ammo reduction and 15% increased ranged damage makes it a valuable armor set.
- Magic users should use the Wizard set with the Wizard Hat, Diamond Robe and Jungle Pants for maximum damage output. Meteor and Jungle armor are viable choices as well.
- A Summoner can use Bee armor.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- For Melee users
- The Night's Edge is a must-have, due to the damage it can deal to the body before the heads respawn.
- A Thorn Chakram or an Enchanted Sword are effective when dealing with the heads. However, the Enchanted Sword, is very hard to find in 3DS version.
- A Sunfury or Blue Moon are good against all parts.
- For Ranged users
- A Minishark or Boomstick are the strongest guns available.
- The Sharanga and Molten Fury are the best bows available.
- If you have the ammo for it, the Star Cannon is a very powerful weapon that pierces infinitely, and can take out the boss in about 350 stars.
- The Molotov Cocktail can be used to hit the body and damage the heads.
- For Magic users
- The Space Gun is an effective weapon to use, especially with Meteor armor.
- The Water Bolt will be very effective in an enclosed arena.
- Piercing weapons such as the Demon Scythe, Diamond Staff, or Aqua Scepter will be effective for taking out multiple heads.
- For Summoners
Accessories[edit | edit source]
- Dodging the head, the main source of damage, is crucial. Use a Cloud in a Bottle or it's equivalents and Spectre Boots or upgrades.
- A Sweetheart Necklace and/or Celestial Cuffs are very useful if you are constantly getting hit.
- The Magma Stone is great for maximizing damage output.
- The Feral Claws are great for attacking the body with a sword.
- Reforging accessories to Menacing is preferred, but Warding will also work for a safer fight.
Potions[edit | edit source]
- Archery Potions are great for players using a bow.
- Endurance Potions are a must to minimize damage taken.
- Ironskin Potions are cheaper alternatives to Endurance Potions, but are more useful if you don't have much defense.
- Magic Power Potions and Mana Regeneration Potions are must haves for mages.
- Summoning Potions are good for any class, because every class can do with an extra minion to fight for you.
- Swiftness Potions will help dodge the heads.
- Thorns Potions are great to go along with a sweetheart necklace.
- Wrath Potions and Rage Potions will help increase DPS.
- Any food Item that provides the Well Fed is very useful.
- A Flask of Poison or a Flask of Fire are useful potions for melee players if they have killed Queen Bee.
- Ale is also useful for melee players if you can deal with the reduced Defense.
- A Ammo Reservation Potion will make sure you don't run out of ammo.
- Honeyfins will provide 120 health, which is better than Healing potions.