Guide Voodoo Doll
- Internal Item ID: 267
- Not to be confused with Clothier Voodoo Doll, which allows the player to harm the Clothier rather than the Guide (and re-summon Skeletron).
When the Doll is equipped as an accessory, it becomes possible for the player and other NPCs to kill the Guide with direct attacks from weapons (which normally would not damage him). If the item is dropped and destroyed by lava, the Guide will instantly die, if he exists in the world. If the Doll is destroyed in The Underworld (and the Guide exists), it will summon the Wall of Flesh.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only one Wall of Flesh can be summoned at once, so throwing a second doll into lava while a Wall of Flesh is currently spawned will waste the Doll.
- If a dropped doll lands on a player who is standing in lava, the doll will sometimes be collected while also summoning the Wall of Flesh, making it reusable.
- The Wall of Flesh's sweep direction is determined by where the doll is dropped. If to the left of the world center (the player's initial world spawn point at the start of the game), the boss sweeps from left to right, and the opposite is also true.
- Throwing it into the closest lava sea to the left or right end will cause the Wall of Flesh to despawn right after it spawns. Therefore one should not throw it too close to the edge, even if they want more space to fight the boss.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In popular culture, a Voodoo doll is a figurine resembling a person, which can be harmed in order to magically inflict harm on the person being mimicked.
- Before the Wall of Flesh is defeated, several NPCs sometimes make reference to the doll's function:
- Arms Dealer: "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to [name of Guide] somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it."
- Nurse: "I need to have a serious talk with [name of Guide]. How many times a week can you come in with severe lava burns?"
- Guide: "When you are ready to challenge the keeper of the underworld, you will have to make a living sacrifice. Everything you need for it can be found in the underworld."
- Its old sprite appears on the icons of these following buffs and debuffs:
- The Guide Voodoo Doll is one of only four pre-Hardmode boss summoning items that cannot be crafted. The others are the Clothier Voodoo Doll, Suspicious Looking Egg, and the Cursed stuffing
- Despite the fact that the Guide Voodoo Doll needs to be dropped in lava to summon the Wall of Flesh, it will not summon the boss if it is still attached to the Voodoo Demon due to the fact that the sprite of the doll is immune to lava before being dropped.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Dropping the doll in lava in The Underworld now summons the Wall of Flesh.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: No longer consumable.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.