Guide talk:The Twins strategies
Such wonderful guides ...[edit source]
I love how most of these guides are written so they involve items you can only make after already beating the bosses the guides are written for. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 06:27, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
What do The Twins unlock on mobile?[edit source]
Just defeated this boss. Do I progress in the game by defeating the twins? I'm on mobile. Do I get special characters or enemies or things to buy from characters and stuff like that? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rob4sian (talk • contribs) at 03:26, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
Summoner build experimentation[edit source]
My summoner progression character is at a roadblock now that WoF is downed. Since there're so few options for Summoner throughout the game, The Twins are the next logical step so I can make an Optic Staff.
As of right now I'm playing v1.3.5 on PC and have the Spider Armor and Staff, and have my pre-Hardmode accessories still, save for the Summoner Emblem. I'll keep updated here with progress in the fight as well as what works and what doesn't.
- Hello. Can you please check sentries too? Especially the ones of the Old One's Army, as they're part of the Summoner class. I don't know how effective they are (never played that sub-class currently), so anything about these can help Summoners have more ideas how to beat Mechs. Thanks in advance. -- Murrayzero (talk) 15:52, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- For sure, my first thought is to try with the Spider Queen Staff as a sentry and then try the OOA sentries. This character is using strictly summon damage, so the information I gather through this will definitely be of use for others who wish to try the same thing for a challenge. Acbooster (talk) 16:24, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
I have 5 potential builds lined up for testing, though I did run into a small snag when planning. The Tavernkeep doesn't sell the armor sets until after a Mechanical boss is killed in the world, meaning that the sentry builds would only be worth looking into when farming the Twins or after killing another Mech. The regular summoner builds do look promising, it's just a matter of gathering all the potions and grinding out another Moon Charm. Expect some results in the next day or so, we'll have to see how much RNG favors me when trying for that charm. Acbooster (talk) 21:33, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, i forgot to warn about this. It might still be worth to have sentry builds documented, since that Twins might not be the first one a player might fight (i usually start with Skeletron Prime, so i might have access to those sentries when it's time for twins). You can integrate those build in the page by yourself by the way, everyone can edit the wiki after all. I'll just do a quality check on these later. -- Murrayzero (talk) 23:57, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
And done! The fight went a lot smoother than anticipated, though it may be because I used every potion I could and had optimal modifiers on everything. Regardless, pure summoner builds can take down The Twins in roughly 2-3 minutes using the Spider Staff, Queen Spider Staff, Spider Armor, and as much damage buffing as possible. I used the because I got lucky with drops while farming Wyverns, but the Bee/Fairy/Butterfly wings are only marginally weaker and should work just fine. I thought that the Forbidden armor would be more useful with the sand tornado, but the fight was much harder and I nearly died twice. A pure summoner shouldn't go through the trouble grinding for that armor set, it simply doesn't provide enough buffs.
As for the Old One's Army sentry builds, the Squire armor and Ballista Cane are by far the best option. Careful dodging in a spacious enough arena led to me tearing through the Twins in a little over two minutes and only needing three Greater Healing Potion. The Huntress armor and Apprentice armor are better suited to hybrid builds where the sentries supplement the damage rather than act as the main source. The Monk armor and Lightning Aura Cane may be viable for a Sky Bridge fight, laying down the Auras as you run, but I have yet to test it. High mana regeneration would be needed, as the Twins seem to only get ticked for damage twice while passing through the aura, once if they're charging. You'd need to put them down frequently, so the and a large supply of mana potions would likely be the best option, as Mana Sickness only decreases magic damage and not summon damage. I'll keep plugging away and testing more things with Summoner boss fights, but for now I think this is a great start for early Hardmode Summoners! Acbooster (talk) 04:44, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- Mice job, these additions look nice. I just made a minor edit about the spider staff, as i feel that should've been a separate sentence. Otherwise they're good enough, and i like 'em. Murrayzero (talk) 12:14, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- Glad to hear it! I'm still new to contributing to wikis in general so I'm still getting the hang of presentation and syntax. Acbooster (talk) 15:22, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
Melee weapons[edit source]
- If you already defeated Destroyer or Skeletron Prime, you can actually use it. The guide takes into account both "first mech" and "second/third mech" situations, so it can be used. If you feel that it helps defeating those 3, feel free to add it. -- Murrayzero (talk) 23:21, 23 April 2019 (UTC)