|Defense||: 31 / : 50 / : 35 / : 27 (set)|
|Set Bonus|| Become immune after striking an enemy|
: Become immune after striking an enemy,
and increases your max number of minions by 2
|Buff tooltip||You will dodge the next attack|
- Internal Buff ID: 59
Hallowed armor is a Hardmode armor set. It has ranged, melee, magic and summoner set versions, depending on the equipped headpiece. Crafting a full set with one headpiece requires 54 Hallowed Bars (dropped by the mechanical bosses), or 90 / 78 Hallowed Bars for the full set including all four / three headpieces. Wearing a full set gives off a faint pulsing aura around the player and displays an after-image effect while in motion. To acquire the necessary Hallowed Bars for a full set with one helmet, the player will need to kill the mechanical bosses at least twice, and 2-4 times on the Console version, Old-gen console version, and version for all three helmets, or 3-5 times on the Desktop version and Mobile version for all four helmets.
Additionally, wearing a full set, striking an enemy with a melee, ranged, or magic weapon, or having an enemy be hit by one of the player's minions will grant the Holy Protection buff, which allows the player to dodge the next attack dealt by an enemy. It has a cooldown of 30 seconds. This set bonus is identical to the Shadow Dodge buff from Titanium armor. Wearing a full set with the Hallowed Hood additionally increases minion capacity by 2 as a set bonus, making the total minion capacity of the hood-set 3, for a total minion count of 4.
It currently shares identical stats with Ancient Hallowed armor, but differs in appearance. Furthermore, Ancient Hallowed and Hallowed armor pieces can be mixed and matched while still providing their set bonus.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hallowed Mask has a listed "melee haste" bonus. This is likely a mistake, as the game code confirms that the mask merely provides a melee speed bonus.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crafting any of the helmets and selling them is more profitable than selling the bars required to make them.
- With the exception of certain exclusive armors, the Hallowed armor holds several records in Terraria:
- The melee set provides the highest movement speed and melee speed bonuses, and the second-highest critical strike chance bonuses (after Chlorophyte armor). When using Turtle armor, the Hallowed Mask can easily replace the Turtle Helmet, trading away the situational Thorns effect for better stats across the board.
- The magic set provides the highest maximum mana (alongside Titanium armor) and mana usage reduction bonuses, and the second-highest critical strike chance bonuses (after Orichalcum armor). The Hallowed Headgear provides the highest overall magic DPS increase of any head slot item.
- The ranged set provides the highest ammo conservation (alongside Adamantite armor) and second-highest ranged damage bonus (after Titanium armor).
- Using fast aerial summons and high velocity/speed ranged/magic weapons allow you to take full advantage of the holy protection buff.
- This strategy allows hallowed armor to stay a viable strategy if you focus entirely on these weapons, but it does leave you vulnerable when you do get hit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hallowed Hood provides the lowest defense out of all Hardmode armor pieces, despite it being available after defeating a mechanical boss.
- Additionally, the Hallowed summoner set provides lower minion damage than Spider armor, an early Hardmode summoner armor set, with the former providing only +17% minion damage, compared to the latter's +28% minion damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprites updated.
- Added new Summoner helmet and set bonus, previously obtained from Titanium armor.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Changed crafting recipe: Now uses only Hallowed Bars to craft, instead of souls and previous tiers of armor.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Now only has graphical effects with the helmet.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.02: Changed crafting recipe: Now uses only Hallowed Bars to craft, instead of Souls and previous tiers of armor.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with Desktop 1.2 recipe.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Changed crafting recipe: Now uses only Hallowed Bars to craft, instead of Souls and previous tiers of armor.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with Desktop 1.2 recipe.