During the Halloween seasonal event, which lasts from October 20th / October 10th / October 1st until November 1st / November 10th , several enemies wear costumes that change their appearance, unique enemies spawn, and new items become available via enemy drops or via purchase. Goodie Bags also drop, offering random Halloween-themed items, mostly decorative or vanity. Pumpkins also grow naturally on grass during this period.
The Halloween event is not to be confused with the Pumpkin Moon, a Halloween-themed event. The Pumpkin Moon is still able to spawn without the Halloween event.
Reaching the end of the Pumpkin Moon unlocks one in-game day of the Halloween event, regardless of the date.
Contents[edit | edit source]
"Weak enemies" are enemies with less than 20 defense, 40 damage and up to
500*5 of loot. These will be mostly pre-Hardmode enemies. When playing in Expert Mode, all enemies are much stronger and therefore these conditions limit the amount of enemies that can drop the Bloody Machete and Bladed Glove to just a couple, especially during Hardmode. See the table below for clarification.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to change the date on the device ( while offline, as the date is set automatically) to between October 20th / October 1st and November 1 / November 10th , in order to activate the Halloween event (this must be done prior to launching Terraria).
- If the player wishes not to change their device's time to avoid messing up scheduled programs, they can use external utilities like RunAsDate to launch Terraria with a changed time/date.
- Similar to Presents during the Christmas event, King Slime and the Blue Slimes he spawns will drop Goodie Bags.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tree in the Halloween logo appears the be made of Spooky Wood, an item which drops in bulk during the similarly-themed Pumpkin Moon event.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 1.3.4: Halloween period finishes on November 1st instead of November 10th.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed a bug causing the game to not check for Halloween dates in multiplayer.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.