During the Halloween seasonal event, which lasts from October 20th / October 1st until November 1st / November 10th , several enemies wear costumes that change their appearance, unique enemies spawn, and new items become available via enemy drops or via purchase. Goodie Bags also drop, offering random Halloween-themed items, mostly decorative or vanity.
The Halloween event is not to be confused with the Pumpkin Moon, a Halloween-themed event. The Pumpkin Moon is still able to spawn without the Halloween event.
Contents[edit | edit source]
"Weak enemies" are enemies with less than 20 defense, 40 damage and up to 5 of loot. These will be mostly pre-Hardmode enemies. When playing in Expert mode , all enemies are much stronger and therefore these conditions limit the amount of enemies that can drop the Bloody Machete and Bladed Glove to just a couple, especially during Hardmode. See the table below for clarification.
|Weak enemies in Expert mode|
|Always||Only before Hardmode||Only during Hardmode|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to change the date on the device ( while offline, as the date is set automatically) to between October 20th / October 1st and November 1 / November 10th , in order to activate the Halloween event (this must be done prior to launching Terraria).
- If the player wishes not to change their device's time to avoid messing up scheduled programs, they can use external utilities like RunAsDate to launch Terraria with a changed time/date.
- Similar to Presents during the Christmas event, King Slime (as well the slimes he spawns) will drop Goodie Bags.Verify
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Halloween period finishes on November 1st instead of November 10th.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug causing the game to not check for Halloween dates in multiplayer.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.