Halloween is a seasonal event which lasts from around mid-October until around the start of November. During this time, several enemies wear costumes that change their appearance, unique enemies spawn, and new items become available via enemy drops or via purchase. Goodie Bags also drop, offering random Halloween-themed items, mostly decorative or vanity. Pumpkins grow naturally on grass during Halloween.
The duration of the event depends on the game platform:
|October 10th||–||November 1st|
|October 20th||–||November 10th|
|October 1st||–||November 10th|
Reaching the end of the Pumpkin Moon unlocks one in-game day of the Halloween event, regardless of the date.
Contents[edit | edit source]
"Weak enemies" are enemies with less than 20 defense, 40 damage and up to 5 of loot. These will be mostly pre-Hardmode enemies. When playing in Expert Mode, all enemies are much stronger and therefore these conditions limit the amount of enemies that can drop the Bloody Machete and Bladed Glove to just a couple, especially during Hardmode. See the table below for clarification.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Halloween can be "activated" by setting the device's date to any date within the respective Halloween timespan.
- Change the computer's date to any day between October 10th and November 1st.
- Disconnect from Xbox Live / PSN and change the console time.
- Disconnect from automatic date/time updates and change the time manually. Note that this does not work for some devices.
- Go to "System Settings" and set the date there.
- Go to "System Settings" and go to "system", click on "Date and Time" and set the time there.
- If a change of the device's time is undesired, applications like RunAsDate allow launching Terraria with a changed time and date.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tree in the Halloween logo appears to be made of Spooky Wood, an item which drops in bulk during the similarly-themed Pumpkin Moon event.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 1.3.4: Halloween period finishes on November 1st instead of November 10th.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug causing the game to not check for Halloween dates in multiplayer.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]