During the Halloween seasonal event, which lasts from October 20th / October 1st until November 1 / November 10th , several enemies wear costumes that change their appearance, unique enemies spawn, and new items become available via enemy drops or via purchase. Goodie Bags also drop, offering random Halloween-themed items, mostly decorative or vanity.
The Halloween event is not to be confused with the Pumpkin Moon, a Halloween-themed event. The Pumpkin Moon is still able to spawn without the Halloween event.
Contents[edit | edit source]
** "Weak" enemies are enemies with less than 20 defense, 40 damage and up to 5 of loot. These will be mostly pre hardmode enemies. When playing in expert mode all enemies are much stronger and therefore these conditions limit the amount of enemies that can drop the Bloody Machete and Bladed Glove to just a couple, especially during hardmode. See the table below for clarification.
|Weak enemies in Expert mode|
|Always||Only before Hardmode||Only during Hardmode|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to change the date on your device (while offline, as the date is set on consoles automatically) to between October 20th / October 1st and November 1 / November 10th , in order to activate the Halloween event (this must be done prior to launching Terraria).
- If you wish to not change your device's time to avoid messing up scheduled programs, you can use the external utility RunAsDate to launch Terraria with a changed time/date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Halloween period finishes on November 1st instead of November 10th.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed a bug causing the game to not check for Halloween dates in multiplayer.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.