From Terraria Wiki
Types[edit | edit source]
There are currently eight hamaxes in the game, seven of which are craftable and one of which is obtained via a boss fight.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hamaxe is a portmanteau of Hammer and Axe.
- The Axe is the only type of hamaxe that doesn't clearly state the word "hamaxe" in its name. It's also the only hamaxe that emits a special sound when swung.
- Hamaxes, also called splitting mauls, exist in real life as well, though their functions are slightly different.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Spectre Hamaxe and The Axe introduced.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced Meteor and Molten Hamaxes.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.