Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Hardened Sand Blocks
The Hardened Sand Block is a type of block, along with Sandstone Blocks, that make up the Underground Desert biome. It looks similar to Sand Blocks, with an altered texture and slightly different color. Unlike sand, it is not affected by gravity. Like all sand-based blocks, it has Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed counterparts: Hardened Ebonsand, Hardened Crimsand, and Hardened Pearlsand respectively.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Corrupt Torch (3)||By Hand|
|Crimson Torch (3)|
|Desert Torch (3)|
|Hallowed Torch (3)|
|Magic Sand Dropper (3)||Crystal Ball|
|Hardened Crimsand Wall (4) ()||Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
|Hardened Ebonsand Wall (4) ()|
|Hardened Pearlsand Wall (4) ()|
|Hardened Sand Wall (4) ()|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In Hardmode, Hardened Sand Block is a "corruptible" block, and can be converted to its corrupted version of Hardened Ebonsand, Hardened Crimsand, and Hardened Pearlsand, and spread the corrupted biome to nearby corruptible blocks.
- Console version, Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and Even though Hardened Sand can be crafted into versionglass, its biome-specific counterparts cannot.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Until 220.127.116.11, Hardened Sand Blocks did not have a tooltip containing the Material tag and therefor could not be slotted in the Guide's menu to show in which crafting recipes it could be used.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.