A Harpy is a flying Enemy that spawn at high altitudes, typically around Floating Island heights. Prior to Hardmode, they cannot spawn in the vertical section of the map centered around the player's spawnpoint being around one-tenth of the width of the entire map. This restriction is removed in Hardmode. They move following the Bat AI, and fire feather projectiles in inaccurate bursts of three.
Up to seven Harpies can exist on screen during the day, ten at night, and fifteen during a Blood Moon.
|Map Size||Expected Height|
|Small||( ) 360+ feet above|
|( ) 102+ meters above|
|Medium||( ) 640+ feet above|
|( ) 113+ meters above|
|Large||( ) 785+ feet above|
|( ) 125+ meters above|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The player could lure one at a time into an enclosed space and kill them one by one.
- The Starfury can be useful for dealing with them, since its stars can deal damage while the player is out of the Harpies' reach.
- Minions, sentries, and homing weapons can also be quite helpful.
- If mining Cloud material or creating a sky lake, it may be best for the player to box themself in, and ignore the Harpies.
- Using a fast weapon such as a Minishark, Megashark, or any ranged weapon with High Velocity Bullets can easily take care of them, without having to chase them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Harpy is a being from Greek and Roman mythology in the form of a large bird with the face of a human, most often a woman.
- They are confirmed to be female thanks to the Dungeon Defenders crossover update.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Feather drop rate increased from 20% to 50%
- Projectile damage reduced from 30 to 15
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- No longer fire feathers without a clear shot.
- AI changed to reduce wall hugging.
- Harpies are now unaffected by Wood Platforms, rendering AFK grinders ineffective.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Harpy renamed from Harpey.
- No longer make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.