We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|AI Type||Unicorn AI|
|Damage||130 / 195|
|Max Life||10000 / 15000|
|Immune to:||All debuffs|
|Internal NPC ID: 315|
The Headless Horseman is a very fast and dangerous enemy that can rush at the player and deal large amounts of damage. It is an exceptionally dangerous enemy due to its fast speed, high damage, and immunity to knockback. The Horseman's only attack is to charge forward and do a low, but quick jump to reach the player.
Headless Horsemen are immune to all debuffs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Headless Horseman will flee at dawn unless it gets damaged by the player.
- In the Mobile version, it does not flee at dawn.
- Drop chance increases linearly with the wave it is in (lowest drop chance in wave 9, highest drop chance in wave 15).
- Despite having the name referring to the Headless Horseman, The Horseman's Blade is not a drop from the Horseman, but the Pumpking.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its size, it cannot fit through 4 tile gaps or lower and can be taken out easily with ranged attacks.
- Due to its immunity to knockback, it is ill-advised to attack it with close-range weapons since it can easily overwhelm the player.
- Similar to most of the Pumpkin Moon enemies, making an arena where you have plenty of space to fly around in can make it easier to take down. It is also possible to place some wood platforms high above the ground to fire down on it without fear of it reaching you.
- Its immunity to knockback can be used against it with weapons that do continuous damage, such as the Inferno Fork.
- As it uses the same AI as the Unicorn enemy, it can be useful to practice avoiding the attacks of multiple Unicorns beforehand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Headless Horseman originates from a short story published in 1820 called "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" By Washington Irving.
History[edit | edit source]
| Pumpkin Moon Enemies |
|Small Enemies||Scarecrow • Splinterling • Hellhound|
|Medium Enemies||Poltergeist • Headless Horseman|
|Mini Bosses||Mourning Wood • Pumpking|