Hearts (or Candy Apples during Halloween and Candy Canes during Christmas) are common power-ups which can be dropped by slain enemies (with a chance of 1/12 (8.3%), as long as the player is below maximum health), broken Pots, or as a bonus drops from slimes. They are not inventory items, but are instead instantly consumed and restore 20 health. Enemies will only drop Hearts if the closest player is not at maximum health. They emit a faint red light.
It is also possible to spawn Hearts (and their seasonal counterparts) with a Heart Statue.
Hearts can be collected within a range of 2 blocks, which can be increased with a Heartreach Potion.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bosses will drop five to nine Hearts after being defeated.
- If the player has less-than-maximum mana upon the defeat of an enemy, the chance to drop a Heart is halved (1/24 or 4.17%), because players below maximum mana qualify for receiving Stars from defeated enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although Hearts are instantly consumed on pickup, it is possible to hack in Hearts into the player's inventory through the use of editors. The hacked-in Hearts still act like normal Hearts, and will still be consumed on pickup, after dropping them in front of the player.
- A cloud in the shape of a heart can occasionally be seen in the background.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where NPCs that don't really die (Slimer, Mother Slime, Corrupt Slime) drop hearts and mana stars on shapeshifting (dying).
- Desktop 1.2.2: Candy Cane introduced.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Candy Apple introduced.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.