Heart Arrows are an Arrow type that stuns enemies for 1.5 seconds. They can be purchased from the Merchant for 50 each during the Valentine's Day Seasonal event on the Mobile version and . They can also be found in versionHeart Shrines in worlds created during the Valentine's Day event.
- Shooting a heart arrow at the Wall of Flesh's mouth will freeze the entire wall, giving the player time to attack.
- Shooting a heart arrow can also cause Dungeon Guardian to freeze, so you can get the Bone Key ridiculously easily pre-Hardmode. However, the player will have to buy about 9000 Heart Arrows (critical hits account for about 1000 extra hits) to actually kill the Dungeon Guardian.
- Shooting a heart arrow at The Destroyer's head will immobilize it entirely.
- Wyverns and similar worm type enemy's heads will continue moving if only the body is frozen.
- Any Boss who is prone to the Stunned debuff will be frozen by heart arrows, making them easy to defeat with a decent bow. The only boss immune to this debuff is Duke Fishron. Boss minions can also be a problem if fighting bosses such as King Slime, as the minions will block the arrows, leaving the boss free to move.
- The Queen Bee will be permanently slowed by the heart arrows after one hit, making it incredible for defeating her with low cost, and will slow her speed to roughly 5 blocks per second.
- The arrows seem ineffective against Golem as firing them only freezes the portion you hit rather than the whole body and in its second phase hitting the body does not stop the head from firing its lasers or fireballs.