Heart Arrows are an arrow type that stuns enemies for 1.5 seconds. They can be purchased from the Merchant for 50 each during the Valentine's Day seasonal event on the Mobile version and version. They can also be found in Heart Shrines, which are only in worlds created during the Valentine's Day event.
- Shooting a heart arrow at the Wall of Flesh's mouth will freeze the entire wall, giving the player time to attack.
- Shooting a heart arrow can also cause Dungeon Guardian to freeze, so you can get the Bone Key ridiculously easily pre-Hardmode. However, the player will have to buy about 9000 Heart Arrows (critical hits account for about 1000 extra hits) to actually kill the Dungeon Guardian.
- Shooting a heart arrow at The Destroyer's head will immobilize it entirely.
- Wyverns and similar worm type enemy's heads will continue moving if only the body is frozen.
- Any Boss will be frozen by heart arrows, making it easy to defeat any boss with a decent bow, although Duke Fishron is immune to this debuff. Boss minions can also be a problem if fighting bosses such as King Slime, as the minions will block the arrows, leaving the boss free to move.
- The Queen Bee will be permanently slowed by the heart arrows after one hit, making it incredible for defeating her with low cost, and will slow her speed to roughly 5 blocks per second.