|Type||Furniture – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Grants buff||Heart Lamp|
|Buff duration||Infinite while in vicinity|
|Buff tooltip||Life regen is increased|
|Internal Item ID: 1859|
|Internal Buff ID: 89|
|Internal Tile ID: 42|
- Main article: Lantern
The Heart Lantern is a unique variant of Lantern (a hanging furniture item) that emits moderate light while also providing the Heart Lamp health regeneration buff. It must be hung from the underside of blocks, like other Lanterns. The Lantern is also a Mechanism that can be toggled if Wired. Toggling it off will only deactivate the light source, but not the buff.
The buff applies to players standing within its 50 tile radius, providing a boost in health regeneration similar to the one granted by Campfires. The regeneration buffs from both items will stack together to provide a greater regeneration boost. They will each also slow the effects of damaging debuffs (such as Poisoned and On Fire!), and being within range of both items stacks this slowing effect.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Heart Lantern is a viable light source for NPC housing, despite its low light level.
- The healing effect is uniform for all tiles within its range, and is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
- NPCs are unaffected by the healing effect.
- It gives a 1 HP/s healing rate.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with the campfire, it may be useful to keep a Heart Lantern in the hotbar in dangerous areas, so that it can be placed easily for quicker regeneration.
- It is also useful to have one placed permanently in the player's base, along with a campfire.
- The combined and continuous health regeneration from Heart Lanterns, campfires, and Honey can make many boss fights less difficult. Including one or more of these in any arena is usually a good idea.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
| Buffs • Debuffs Status Effects: |
|Regeneration||Cozy Fire • Heart Lamp • Honey • Mana Regeneration • Rapid Healing • Regeneration|
|Attack||Ammo Box • Ammo Reservation • Archery • Ballista Panic! • Banner • Battle • Beetle Might • Clairvoyance • Leaf Crystal • Magic Power • Rage • Striking Moment • Summoning • Thorns • Titan • Well Fed • Wrath • Werewolf|
|Defense||Beetle Endurance • Calm • Endurance • Heartreach • Ice Barrier • Inferno • Invisibility • Ironskin • Lifeforce • Paladin's Shield • Shadow Dodge • Warmth|
|Exploration and Movement||Dangersense • Featherfall • Flipper • Gills • Gravitation • Hunter • Merfolk • Night Owl • Obsidian Skin • Panic! • Shine • Spelunker • Swiftness • Water Walking|
|Flasks||Confetti • Cursed Flames • Fire • Gold • Ichor • Nanites • Poison • Venom|
|Mounts||Bee • Bunny • Minecart • Pigron • Rudolph • Slime • Turtle|
|Other||Builder • Crate • Dryad's Blessing • Fishing • Lovestruck • Mining • Sonar|
|Summoning||Pets||Baby Dinosaur • Baby Eater • Baby Grinch • Baby Hornet • Baby Penguin • Pet Sapling • Baby Skeletron Head • Baby Snowman • Baby Truffle • Black Cat • Cursed Sapling • Eyeball Spring • Hoardagron • Propeller Gato • Mini Minotaur • Pet Bunny • Pet Lizard • Pet Parrot • Pet Spider • Pet Turtle • Puppy • Squashling • Tiki Spirit • Zephyr Fish|
|Minions||Baby Slime • Hornet • Imp • Pirate • Pygmies • Ravens • Sharknado • Spider • Twins|
|Light||Fairy • Flickerwick • Magic Lantern • Shadow Orb • Wisp|