A Heart Shrine is an exclusive structure that occasionally generates in the Snow biome during the Valentine's Day seasonal event. Heart Shrines are roughly heart-shaped caves that contain two guaranteed Crystal Hearts, along with a Frozen Chest that contains several heart-themed items. They can spawn regardless of depth, allowing them to spawn on the surface. They are commonly found in the Underground Snow and rarely in the The Corruption /Crimson if a Snow Biome is generated on top of it. The map shows the heart shape of a Heart Shrine by coloring the top half and a small bit of the outline red.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From Frozen Chest
Notes[edit | edit source]
- These Shrines appear to have a strange game mechanic where blocks cannot be placed in certain areas prior to the destruction of the Crystal Hearts. This is most likely a bug.
- The later edition of 1.2785 have the structure generated with the top "red" half white. These "white" blocks are still there and will block the placement of any blocks (or furniture), even after the destruction of the crystal hearts. They can be destroyed by any pickaxe, which drops nothing, and then the space will be free for placement.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Heart Shrines are the only pre-Hardmode means of obtaining a Frozen Chest. If you are in need of a snow/ice themed chest for storage or want to brag to a friend, this is by far the easiest way to do it. It will also contain a total of 69 copper coins and/or a few silver coins.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An old Heart Shrine with a Wooden Chest.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.2.10177: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.10061: Introduced.