|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a piercing ray of heat|
- Heat Ray
The Heat Ray is a Hardmode, post-Golem magic weapon that auto-fires beams which pierce unlimited enemies and emit bright light. The Heat Ray's beam instantaneously covers its entire range with a solid beam, similar to the Shadowbeam Staff — but unlike the Staff, the Heat Ray's laser does not bounce off walls, nor does it lose power as it pierces enemies. The Heat Ray has a 12.5% (1 in 8) chance to be dropped by Golem. This weapon can be considered as a direct upgrade to the Laser Rifle.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When wielding the Heat Ray, two fuel tanks will appear on the player's back, overriding the display of Wings when not in flight. However, the display of the hoverboard overrides the tanks.
- It is very effective against worm-type enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon and its tooltip are references to H.G Wells' The War of the Worlds, in which Martians fire Heat-Rays, and exultantly cry "Aloo!" or "Oolaa" in the later stage adaptions while waging war in their giant death machines (The tooltip may be an allusion to one line in particular from the musical stage adaptation; wherein the track Thunderchild contains the lyric "Flashing heat rays pierced the deck").
- Even when the player is out of mana, the tanks on the back of the Heat Ray appear to still be full of liquid.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.