“What's worse than a rabid, fast-flying, and annoying flying rodent? One that is on fire, of course!
— The Bestiary
Hellbats are large Bats found only in The Underworld. They are pesky creatures that can kill characters who are using early game gear. Though they cannot fly underwater or through Lava, they take no damage from making contact with either.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hellbats, as well as Jungle Bats and Cave Bats, have an unused frame in the animation that seems to depict a Hellbat hanging upside down. This may mean that bats were originally planned to be able to hang on ceilings but was later decided against.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its name and area of appearance are likely references to the saying "like a bat out of Hell."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Hellbats now correctly drop Magma Stones. Previously, Magma Stones were erroneously dropped by Giant Fungi Bulbs.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Life reduced from 55 to 46, Damage increased from 30 to 35
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Console-Release: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 1.0.6.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 22.214.171.124.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 1.0.6.