The Hellforge is a crafting station that incorporates the same functions as a regular Furnace, additionally being able to smelt Hellstone into Hellstone Bars. It is also used to craft the essential Adamantite/Titanium Forge in Hardmode.
Hellforges cannot be crafted, and are found in Ruined Houses in the Underworld. There, Hellforges can only be collected with a Deathbringer or Nightmare Pickaxe or better (60% pickaxe power). Once placed at higher depths, they can be removed with any pickaxe.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Used to craft[edit | edit source]
The Hellforge also functions as a Furnace.
|Lavaproof Bug Net|
|Obsidian Longcoat ()|
|Obsidian Outlaw Hat ()|
|Obsidian Pants ()|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Console version, Hellforges can spawn just above the Underworld.
- The sprite appears to have a small flow of lava on the right side.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With a bit of luck, a Teleportation Potion may take the player to the Underworld, making the Hellforge easily obtainable early-game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It appears to be made of Hellstone Bricks.
- Even though the Hellforge looks like a Furnace and acts like one, it cannot be crafted from it.
- Although it is a late pre-Hardmode version of the Furnace, it is not required to smelt Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, and Orichalcum into bars.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can no longer be broken with any pickaxe/drill with less than 60% Pickaxe power in the underworld.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Can no longer be used to drain water.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Sprite updated. Previous sprite was
- Now requires a pickaxe instead of a hammer to be moved.
- Now used to craft the Titanium Forge.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Hellforges above the rock layer can be moved with any Hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.