We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
The Hellforge is a crafting station that incorporates the same functions as a regular Furnace, additionally being able to smelt Hellstone into Hellstone Bars. It is also used to craft the essential Adamantite/Titanium Forge in Hardmode.
Hellforges cannot be crafted, and are found in Ruined Houses in The Underworld. Hellforges can be collected with any Pickaxe or Drill.
The Hellforge also functions as a Furnace.
- In the Console version, Hellforges can spawn just above the Underworld.
- The sprite appears to have either a temperature gauge or a small flow of lava on the right side.
- Even though the Hellforge looks like a furnace and acts like one, it cannot be crafted and must be found or taken from other players.
- You can easily get one early game by using a Teleportation Potion and spawning in the Underworld or near it
- 1.2.3: Can no longer be used to drain water.
- 1.2: Sprite updated. Now requires a pickaxe instead of a hammer to be moved.
- 1.0.4: Hellforges above the rock layer can be moved with any Hammer, but below require a 60% power hammer or stronger.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.