|AI Type||Unicorn AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 329
The Hellhound is a Hardmode, post-Plantera enemy summoned during the Pumpkin Moon event. It follows the Unicorn AI and will run quite fast at the player; the player will be barely able to outrun them with Lightning Boots. This can make them a very dangerous enemy.
Defeating a Hellhound adds 4 points while the Pumpkin Moon event is active.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though Hellhounds are immune to On Fire! debuff, they will still suffer damage while in lava.
- Hellhounds cannot descend through platforms.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the Hellhound's high health, it takes at least 5 hits from a Legendary The Horseman's Blade or 4-5 hits from a Legendary Terra Blade combined with its beam to kill it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hellhounds are mythical beasts, mentioned in the folklore of various cultures, that are often related in some way to death, the afterlife or the supernatural.
- The Bestiary entry for the Hellhound: "Most certainly not a good boy, this vicious demon dog is more than eager to guide living beings to the underworld with every bite."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.