|Type||Weapon – Loot|
|Use time||13 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Wooden arrows turn into flaming bats|
- Internal Item ID: 3019
The Hellwing Bow is a bow acquired from Shadow Chests found in the Underworld. It converts normal Wooden Arrows into flaming bat projectiles that travel in a semi-straight line and can pierce infinitely. This is countered by the fact that the bats are fired in a ~30° cone and therefore can be very inaccurate at long distances. Additionally, the bats will dissipate once hitting a surface. Other arrows won't lose their special properties, but will inherit the inaccuracy of the bow.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This bow is very inaccurate, and has a tendency to fire arrows at a steep angle which will usually result in the projectile hitting a wall or the floor rather than your target if you use the bow from a long distance at small enemies.
- The flaming bat projectiles can pierce infinitely. This means if targets are in a long line, all targets can be affected.
- The flaming bat projectiles will not allow for recovery of the arrow used to fire it.
- This bow fires just a little slower than the Phantasm, making the Hellwing Bow the second fastest firing bow-type weapons, even faster than any repeater.
- If you had a Sharanga, it was replaced by a Hellwing Bow.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This bow, while significantly inaccurate, deals unusually high damage at its rate of fire for pre-Hardmode weapons. It is best used with Wooden Arrows, and at closer ranges or on large targets to lower the effects of its occasional misfires.
- In addition, worm-type enemies can suffer extreme amounts of damage from the flaming bat projectiles due to the pierce effect, making the Underworld's native Bone Serpents easier to deal with.
- This bow is very effective against the Wall of Flesh if you use Hellfire Arrows.
- The Endless Quiver makes this bow a very viable weapon through early hardmode.
- Because of its fast use time (13), its infinite piercing (if you use Wooden Arrows), and the fact that it doesn't have weak knockback like other, similar weapons do, this makes it an incredibly good crowd control tool throughout early hardmode, even though it is obtainable pre-hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()