|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Wooden arrows turn into flaming bats|
The Hellwing Bow is a bow found in Shadow Chests found in the Underworld. It converts normal Wooden Arrows into flaming bat projectiles that travel in a semi-straight line and can pierce infinitely. This is countered by the fact that the bats are fired in a ~30° cone and therefore can be very inaccurate at long distances. Additionally, the bats will dissipate once hitting a surface. Other arrows will not lose their special properties, but will inherit the inaccuracy of the bow.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This bow is very inaccurate and has a tendency to fire arrows at a steep angle which will usually result in the projectile hitting a wall or the floor rather than the target, especially if used against small enemies or from a long distance.
- The flaming bat projectiles can pierce infinitely. This means if targets are in a long line, all targets can be affected.
- The flaming bat projectiles will not allow for recovery of the arrow used to fire it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This bow, while significantly inaccurate, deals unusually high damage at its rate of fire for pre-Hardmode weapons. It is best used with Wooden Arrows, and at closer ranges or on large targets to lower the effects of its occasional misfires.
- In addition, worm-type enemies can suffer extreme amounts of damage from the flaming bat projectiles due to the pierce effect, making the Underworld's native Bone Serpents easier to deal with.
- This bow is very effective against the Wall of Flesh, especially if paired with Hellfire Arrows.
- Because of its fast use time, infinite piercing, and comparatively high knockback, the Hellwing Bow is a very good crowd control tool. It is even viable throughout early Hardmode. The Endless Quiver, an accessory well suited for the bow, then also becomes available.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hellwing Bow can be considered an indirect upgrade of the The Bee's Knees.
- This bow fires just a little slower than the Phantasm , making it the second fastest firing bow-type weapon, even faster than any repeater. On the contrary, it has the lowest velocity of all arrow-firing weapons.
- On the Console version and Mobile version, existing Sharangas were replaced with Hellwing Bows upon updating to the 22.214.171.124 equivalent.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.