Herbs can be found all across the world, or in Herb Bags, and can be harvested with almost any weapon or tool. Each herb will bloom when certain requirements are met. Herbs harvested while blooming will drop 1-3 seeds of its kind in addition. Herbs can also be grown in Clay Pots or Planter Boxes. There are currently 7 different herbs.
|Underground||Dirt or Mud||At random|
|Surface||Pure or Hallowed grass||During the day|
|Corruption, Crimson||Ebonstone, Corrupt Grass, Crimstone, or Crimson Grass||During a Blood Moon or a Full Moon ( )|
|Underworld||Ash||Sunset (from 3:45pm to 7:30pm) ( ) or when submerged in Lava ( )|
|Jungle||Jungle Grass||During the night|
|Snow||Snow, Ice||After enough time|
|Desert||Sand or Pearlsand||During rain ( ) or while submerged under Water ( )|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Herb growth has 3 distinct stages:
- Sprout Stage - A very small stump or bud of the plant is noticeable growing out of the ground. This stage can be observed at the moment when seeds are just sown. Trying to harvest the plant at this stage will yield neither an herb nor seeds (not even the seeds that you planted in the first place).
- Mature Stage - The plants's vegetative parts show reasonable growth, and are quite noticeable. Flowers are absent, however. Harvesting at this point will yield a herb but no seeds.
- Blooming Stage - This is characterized by the appearance of flowers (possibly with other secondary effects e.g. sparks, glows, flashes of light etc) and will occur only when certain conditions are met. Weather-dependent blooming will last only as long as the weather itself (e.g. Moonglow blooms at night and closes during the day). Generally this is the best stage at which to harvest plants, for you will receive both an herb and its seeds. These seeds can be replanted to regenerate your supplies of herbs, or may be used to initiate farming (if their quantity is large enough).
- Although each herb has a "native" biome, they can randomly appear anywhere as long as the appropriate block (soil) is present. For example, building a skybridge in Space out of bare dirt will cause Blinkroot to appear.
- Planter Boxes and Clay Pots can grow any type of herb, bypassing requirement of a suitable block.
- Herb Seeds can be used to create Herb Farms. A dart trap can be used to quickly harvest herbs growing on soil, however herbs growing in clay pots or in Planter Boxes are harvested with a pickaxe or, for a better profit, a Staff of Regrowth.
- Herb seeds are named after their herb, eg. Blinkroot Seeds. There are also plain Seeds that are ammunition for the Blowpipe. These latter seeds cannot be planted.
- An herb will bloom on every occasion which provides its blooming conditions, not just once. For example, Moonglow will bloom each night.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced Shiverthorn.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced Blinkroot, Daybloom, Deathweed, Fireblossom, Moonglow, Waterleaf.