We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Herbs can be found all across the world, or in Herb Bags , and can be harvested with almost any weapon or tool. Each herb will bloom when certain requirements are met. Herbs harvested while blooming will drop 1-3 seeds of their kind in addition. Herbs can also be grown in Clay Pots or Planter Boxes . There are currently 7 different herbs.
|Plant||Seeds||Biome||Suitable soil||Blooming condition|
|Underground||Dirt or Mud||Randomly|
|Surface||Pure or Hallowed grass||Daytime|
|Corruption, Crimson||Ebonstone, Corrupt grass, Crimstone, or Crimson grass||Blood Moon or Full Moon|
|Underworld||Ash||Sunset (from 3:45 pm to 7:30 pm) unless it is raining or submersion in lava|
|Snow||Snow, Ice||Enough time having passed|
|Desert||Sand or Pearlsand||Rain or submersion in Water|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Herb growth has 3 distinct stages:
- Sprout Stage – A very small stump or bud of the plant is noticeably growing out of the ground. This stage can be observed at the moment when seeds are just sown. Trying to harvest the plant at this stage will yield neither an herb nor seeds (not even the seeds that were planted in the first place).
- Mature Stage – The plant's vegetative parts show reasonable growth, and are quite noticeable. Flowers are absent, however. Harvesting at this point will yield an herb but no seeds, unless the player uses a Staff of Regrowth.
- Blooming Stage – This is characterized by the appearance of flowers (possibly with other secondary effects, such as sparks, glows, flashes of light, etc.) and will occur only when the required conditions are met. Weather or event-dependent blooming will last for the duration of these (e.g. Moonglow blooms at night and closes during the day). Generally, this is the best stage at which to harvest plants, as doing so will yield both an herb and its seeds. These seeds can be replanted to regenerate the supplies of herbs, or may be used to initiate farming (if their quantity is large enough).
- Although each herb has a "native" biome, they can randomly appear anywhere as long as the appropriate block (soil) is present. For example, building a skybridge in Space out of bare dirt will cause Blinkroot to appear.
- An herb will bloom on every occasion which provides its blooming conditions, not just once. For example, Moonglow will bloom each night.
- Planter Boxes and Clay Pots can grow any type of herb, bypassing requirement of a suitable soil. Using them also avoids the problem of swinging tools breaking nearby herbs.
- Herb seeds are named after their herb, e.g. Blinkroot Seeds. There are also plain Seeds that are ammunition for the Blowpipe. These latter seeds cannot be planted.
- All herbs sell for
20*20 , while their seeds sell for 16*16 .
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Herb seeds can be used to create herb farms. A Dart Trap can be used to quickly harvest herbs growing on soil, however herbs growing in Clay Pots or in Planter Boxes are harvested with a pickaxe or, for a better profit, a Staff of Regrowth.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced Shiverthorn.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced Blinkroot, Daybloom, Deathweed, Fireblossom, Moonglow, Waterleaf.