Herbs can be found all across the world, or in Herb Bags, and can be harvested with almost any weapon or tool. Each herb will bloom when certain requirements are met. Herbs harvested while blooming will drop 1-3 seeds of its kind in addition. Herbs can also be grown in Clay Pots or Planter Boxes. There are currently 7 different herbs.
Internal Item ID: 315
|Underground||Dirt or Mud||At random|
Internal Item ID: 313
|Surface||Pure or Hallowed grass||During the day|
Internal Item ID: 316
| Ebonstone, Corrupt Grass,
Crimstone, or Crimson Grass
|During a Blood Moon or a Full Moon ()|
Internal Item ID: 318
|Underworld||Ash||Sunset (from 3:45pm to 7:30pm) () or when submerged in Lava ( )|
Internal Item ID: 314
|Jungle||Jungle Grass||During the night|
Internal Item ID: 2358
|Snow||Snow, Ice||After enough time|
Internal Item ID: 317
|Desert||Sand or Pearlsand||During rain () or while submerged under Water|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although each herb has a "native" biome, they can randomly appear anywhere as long as the appropriate block (soil) is present. For example, building a skybridge in Space out of bare dirt will cause Blinkroot to appear.
- Herb Seeds can be used to create Herb Farms. A dart trap can be used to quickly harvest herbs growing on soil, however herbs growing in clay pots or in Planter Boxes are harvested with a pickaxe or Staff of Regrowth (for a better profit).
- Herb seeds are named after their herb, eg. Blinkroot Seeds. There are also plain Seeds that are ammunition for the Blowpipe. These latter seeds cannot be planted.
- A herb will bloom on every occasion which provides its blooming conditions, not just once. For example, Moonglow will bloom each night.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.4: Introduced Shiverthorn.
- 1.0.5: Introduced Blinkroot, Daybloom, Deathweed, Fireblossom, Moonglow, Waterleaf.
References[edit | edit source]
| Herbs |
|Blinkroot • Daybloom • Moonglow • Shiverthorn • Waterleaf • Fireblossom • Deathweed|