We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
The Hero's clothes is a set of vanity items composed of the Hero's Hat, the Hero's Shirt, and the Hero's Pants. Each piece can be crafted from 3 Green Thread and 20 Silk. In total, this requires 27 Jungle Grass Seeds and 420 Cobweb. The clothes' color is green on the desktop and 3DS versions and purple on all others.
The Console, Mobile, and versions require Purple Thread instead of Green Thread, so it needs 27 Mushroom Grass Seeds instead of Jungle grass seeds.
These items are all equipped in the Social Slots and only provide a visual appearance.
- This costume is a reference to the Legend of Zelda lore, Hero's Clothes, as well as the main protagonist of the series, Link.
- The Hero's Hat, the Lamia Mask and the Robot Hat are the only Vanity items that appear to change the character's hairstyle.
- The Purple Variant could be a reference to Dark Link from Zelda, or maybe the Purple Link from Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.
- 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- 1.2: Hero's clothes crafting recipes now use Thread. The Green Dye(), Purple Dye(), and Black Dye were renamed to Threads and given updated graphics, with the introduction of the new Dye mechanic.
- 1.0.6: Now crafted at the Loom crafting station instead of the Work Bench.
- 1.0.4: Introduced.