|Tooltip||Grants immunity to knockback|
Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team when above 25% life
Enemies are more likely to target you
- Internal Item ID: 3998
The Hero Shield is a Hardmode post-Plantera accessory that combines the effects of the Paladin's Shield and the Flesh Knuckles, redirecting 25% of damage from players on the same team while above 25% health and increasing aggro for the equipped player.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In combination with Beetle armor, it is a great way to help out players on your team with low HP on Multiplayer.
- This could be why it's called the "Hero Shield" as the wearer would help their teammates in a multitude of ways.
- Although the shield provides the abilities of both the items used to craft it, it only provides half their combined defense, the same as the Flesh Knuckles alone.
- For this reason, it might be better for tanky melee builds and Whip-using summoners looking to maximize the effectiveness of their accessories to use Flesh Knuckles to craft a Berserker's Glove instead, which grants auto-swing, increased knockback, and faster attack speed, and use the Paladin's Shield for the Frozen Shield.
- Naturally, the Hero Shield offers few benefits to a single player character.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.