|Tooltip||Grants immunity to knockback|
Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team when above 25% life
Enemies are more likely to target you
- Internal Item ID: 3998
The Hero Shield is a Hardmode post-Plantera shield accessory that redirects 25% of damage from players on the same team while above 25% health, similar to the effect of the Paladin's Shield. Furthermore, it increases defense by 10 and grants immunity to knockback. The Hero Shield has no effect on aggro, despite the tooltip suggesting otherwise and the Flesh Knuckles, which do increase aggro, being a crafting ingredient.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In combination with Beetle armor, it is a great way to help out players on the team with low maximum health or defense.
- Although the shield provides the abilities of both the items used to craft it, it only provides half their combined defense, the same as the Flesh Knuckles alone.
- For this reason, it might be better for tanky melee builds and whip-using summoners looking to maximize the effectiveness of their accessories to use Flesh Knuckles to craft a Berserker's Glove instead, which grants auto-swing, increased knockback, faster attack speed, and does actually increase aggro, and use the Paladin's Shield for the Frozen Shield.
- Naturally, the Hero Shield offers few benefits to a singleplayer character.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Increased defense from 7 to 10.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]