|Tooltip||Grants immunity to knockback|
Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team when above 25% life
Enemies are more likely to target you
- Internal Item ID: 3998
The Hero Shield is a Hardmode post-Plantera shield accessory that redirects 25% of damage from players on the same team while above 25% health, similar to the effect of the Paladin's Shield. Furthermore, it increases defense by 10, increases aggro by 400, and grants immunity to knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, the Hero Shield has no effect on aggro, despite the tooltip suggesting otherwise and the Flesh Knuckles, which do increase aggro, being a crafting ingredient.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In combination with Beetle armor, it is a great way to help out players on the team with low maximum health or defense.
- Although the shield provides the abilities of both the items used to craft it, it only provides half their combined defense, the same as the Flesh Knuckles alone.
- For this reason, it might be better for tanky melee builds and whip-using summoners looking to maximize the effectiveness of their accessories to use Flesh Knuckles to craft a Berserker's Glove instead, which grants auto-swing, increased knockback, and faster attack speed, and use the Paladin's Shield for the Frozen Shield.
- Naturally, the Hero Shield offers few benefits to a singleplayer character.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now actually has an effect on aggro.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Increased defense from 7 to 10.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206.0: Introduced.