Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
|AI Type||Herpling AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 174
Herplings are enemies that spawn in the Crimson during Hardmode. They attack the player by quickly jumping across the ground. While they can't jump very high, they can cover horizontal distance incredibly quickly, making them a potent threat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- They behave the same way as Slimes do in water.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Herplings can be difficult enemies due to their speed and knockback resistance. In order to counter this, the player should try to stay above them, using either wings or a higher ground that Herplings can't reach from at least one side.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Herpling is often considered to be a counterpart to the Derpling, as both have names based on the phrase "herp derp", and also having the same AI.
- The Bestiary entry for the Herpling: "These hyper, demented, slug-like fiends serve the crimson horde with an unstoppable appetite for blood and flesh."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.19: Sprite Updated.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Sprite updated.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.