Holy grenade in action and blast radius.
The Holy Hand Grenade is a thrown Explosive. It is an upgraded version of Dynamite, with more range and double the explosive radius (about 15 tiles). Similar to Dynamite, it destroys Blocks and Items, excluding those that are Explosion-proof.
- Though it's named a "Grenade", it destroys blocks like a Bomb.
- The fuse time is roughly 7 seconds.
- When detonated, a "Hallelujah!" sound effect plays:
- The Holy Hand Grenade originates from the 1975 film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, where Saint Attila requested God to bless a grenade, becoming the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch". ("O lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.")
- This particular iteration of the item comes from the Worms games, a series of turn-based strategy games developed by Team-17. A few other mobile-exclusive items are drawn from this game series as well, most obvious among them the Suspicious Looking Apple.
- It is one of the few pre-Hardmode items with a rarity of lime.
- This item currently deals the highest base damage among all versions of Terraria.