- See also: Guide:Liquids
Honey is a liquid found at the bottom of Bee Hives within the Underground Jungle. It is also sometimes created when players mine Hive blocks. Honey flows even more slowly than Lava, and it also greatly slows the movement speed of submerged players (items like the Fishron Wings can counter this effect). Like other liquids, Honey can be transported with Buckets or Pumps.
Honey has the unique effect of granting submerged players the Honey life regeneration buff, which lasts for as long as they remain submerged, plus 30 seconds after leaving. The buff increases the rate at which player Health regenerates.
An example of honey (together with water
) placed to be used as a crafting station. Notice the Crystal Ball
Like Water and Lava, honey can be used as a minor crafting station. It works just like those two: in order to use it the player only has to stand nearby. Creation of items from a body of honey does not lower the honey level at all.
Honey can also be used to make the following items, though not as a crafting station:
| Catches from Honey
|| Restores 120 Health when used.
| Bumblebee Tuna
|| This is a quest item for the Angler NPC, and can only be fished when its particular quest is active. It has no use other than obtaining quest rewards.
- Honey is subject to all the infinite replication methods.
- Since Honey can exist in The Underworld, a player could use an infinite replication method to flood The Underworld and provide safe (albeit slow without water-walking or something like Fishron Wings) passage without having to worry about falling into lava or spending extra time and effort building bridges over lava pools. This also makes a pool of honey a viable solution for a permanent safe landing zone at the bottom of a Hellevator.
- Honey can be valuable while fighting any boss as the regeneration boost can protect weaker players. In conjunction with Heart Lanterns and campfires the resulting regeneration boost can negate the need for the Band of Regeneration, freeing up an accessory slot.
- A pool of honey is very useful for farming enemies with traps. When the player is standing in honey, every enemy on the screen will try to reach you because they can see you. This allows you to easily herd them into position for the traps.
- 1.3.4: Honey is dynamic and has a setting to be more or less dynamic.
- 22.214.171.124: Now spawns naturally along with honey blocks in small amounts as a sign that a Bee Hive is close by.
- Fixed a bug with leaving honey having water sound and particles.
- Teleporting from Honey to Water will no longer leave the player moving slowly, as if they are still in honey.
- 126.96.36.199: Pumping honey will no longer turn honey into water.
- 1.2: Introduced.