The Honeyed Goggles summons a friendly Bee Mount that the player can ride. It has a 5% / 11% chance to drop from Queen Bee in the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version and a 1% chance in the Old-gen console version and which it cannot drop in as there are no mounts in that version. version
While the Bee Mount is slow on the ground, it is capable of flying and will greatly increase in speed while doing so. While flying, the player's vertical speed is kept constant.
When the Bee Mount's flight time is depleted, it enters a "tired" state, during which it slows and glides down. The glide can be accelerated using the ▼ Down key. It then requires a 3-second rest period on the ground in order to begin flying at full speed again. If you take off again immediately after landing an exhausted bee, it will fly, but much slower than usual. Its rest period is indicated by a "heavy breathing" animation that stops when the Bee Mount is fully recovered.
The Bee Mount also can fly in the air for 10 seconds, before it begins to fall.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the UFO mount summoned by the Cosmic Car Key, the bee will disappear if submerged in liquid, and cannot be re-summoned until the liquid is exited.
- If the user has any item that allows them to walk on water, the mount will be able to walk on water as well.
- The bee's flight time is increased by boosts to the players remaining flight/jump time. This includes additional jumps such as those added by the Bundle of Balloons.
- The bee's flying speed reaches 31 mph when flying forward according to the Stopwatch. Its walking speed however is only 10 mph.
- On the Old-gen console version and , the Bee Mount has the longest versionflight time of all the mounts.
- This mount can be equipped and unequipped for longer flight time.
- The Honeyed Goggles are the one of the few Yellow Rarity items obtainable in Pre-Hardmode.
- If combined with accessories that increase flight time (like Cloud in a balloon), it is capable of flying onto floating islands, even on large worlds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bee Mount's flight goggles appear raised on its forehead while the bee is grounded, and lower over its eyes when taking off.
- The Bee Mount and Rudolph are the only mounts shared by all versions of the game.
- The Honeyed Goggles is an incredibly useful mount to acquire early in the game as the flight can help traverse the terrain and help in avoiding damage from bosses and other enemies. The Shrimpy Truffle is a direct upgrade to the Honeyed Goggles
See also[edit | edit source]
- enemy of similar appearance - an
- enemy bearing strong resemblance to the Bee Mount - a very small
- Hornet minion - a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Baby Hornet pet - a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia pet - a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Drop chance increased significantly.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Drop chance increased significantly. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Drop chance increased significantly. ()
- Console 1.08: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.