We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable Bee mount|
|Grants buff||Bee Mount|
|Internal Item ID: 2502|
|Internal Buff ID: 132|
|Internal Mount ID: 5|
|Desktop/Console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop, console, and mobile versions of Terraria.|
The Honeyed Goggles summons a friendly Bee Mount that the player can ride. It has a 5% / 11 % chance to drop from Queen Bee in the Desktop version and a 1% chance in the Console version and Mobile version.The Bee Mount can fly for a limited time. It moves fast while flying, but slows walking speed significantly. It always glides down slowly after letting go of the
When the Bee Mount's flight time is depleted, it enters a "tired" state, during which it slows and glides down. It then requires a 3-second rest period on the ground in order to begin flying at full speed again. If you take off again immediately after landing an exhausted bee, it will fly, but much slower than usual. Its rest period is indicated by a "heavy breathing" animation that stops when the Bee Mount is fully recovered.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the UFO mount summoned by the Cosmic Car Key, the bee will disappear if submerged in liquid (this mount cannot swim). However, your minions such as those from the Hornet Staff can continue to attack.
- If the user has any item that allows them to walk on water, the mount will be able to walk on water as well.
- The bee's flight time is determined by the players remaining flight/jump time. This includes additional jumps such as those added by the Bundle of Balloons.
- The bee can stay longer in the air if the player has wings equipped. It can be very useful pre-Hardmode and will even help players in beginning to mid-Hardmode because of its hovering ability and long flight time.
- The bee's flying speed reaches 31 mph when flying forward according to the Stopwatch. Its walking speed however is only 10 mph.
- In the console and mobile version, the Bee Mount has the longest flight time of all the mounts.
- This mount can be equipped and unequipped for longer flight time
- The bee mount can hover in the air.
- The Honeyed Goggles are the one of the few Yellow Rarity items obtainable in Pre-Hardmode.
- If combined with accessories that increase flight time (like Cloud in a balloon), it is capable of flying onto floating islands, even on large worlds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bee Mount's flight goggles appear raised on its forehead while the bee is grounded, and lower over its eyes when taking off.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Hornet - an enemy of similar appearance
- Bee - a very small enemy bearing strong resemblance to the Bee Mount
- Hornet minion - a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Baby Hornet pet - a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia pet - a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.08: Introduced Bee Mount and Slime Mount.
- 18.104.22.168: Drop chance has been increased significantly.
- 1.2.4: Introduced.