Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Internal Item ID: 118
- This article is about the crafting material. For the class of grappling tools, see Hooks.
The Hook is a crafting material used solely to craft the Grappling Hook. It has a 4% (1/25) chance to drop from Skeletons, Undead Miners, Hoplites and Undead Vikings in the Marble Caves, Underground Snow and Cavern layer. Also it has a 3.3% (1/30) chance to drop from Piranhas in the Jungle, Underground Jungle, Cavern and Underground layer.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Hooks, and by extension the Grappling Hook, can be obtained very early into the game by going to the Jungle, where Piranhas spawn above ground.
- It's much more profitable to craft Grappling Hooks with spare Hooks rather than sell them as a raw material.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.1: Tooltip added.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.