Hook of Dissonance
|Use time||0 (Insanely fast)|
|Tooltip||Teleports you to the location of the hook|
- Hook of Dissonance
The Hook of Dissonance is a Hardmode grappling hook which is dropped by Queen Slime with a 1/3 (33.33%) chance. It launches a single hook that reaches 30 tiles; when the hook attaches to a block, it will instantly teleport the user to the hook's position if the path to the hook is wide enough to fit a player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hook of Dissonance has an unusually fast retract time; most hooks in the game retract at the same speed they launch. The Hook of Dissonance retracts in less than half that time.
- If the player attempts to teleport through a gap they would not normally fit, they will be teleported to the closest position which they can fit through.
- The Hook of Dissonance can be used to get out of a situation where you are cornered by enemies, since you won't take any damage going through them.
- Since the hook teleports the player to a block, the player will lose any momentum they may have had.
- Unlike regular hooks, the player will not take damage from falling blocks, such as sand or silt, while traveling using the Hook of Dissonance.
- This hook can also serve as an alternative to the Rod of Discord if used properly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This hook's projectile appears to be a kunai.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.