Hook of Dissonance
|Use time||0 (Insanely fast)|
|Tooltip||Teleports you to the location of the hook|
- Hook of Dissonance
The Hook of Dissonance is a Hardmode grappling hook which is dropped by Queen Slime with a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance. It launches a single hook that reaches 30 tiles; when the hook attaches to a block, it will instantly teleport the user to the hook's position if the path to the hook is wide enough to fit a player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Hook of Dissonance has an unusually fast retract time; most hooks in the game retract at the same speed they launch. The Hook of Dissonance retracts in less than half that time.
- If the player attempts to teleport through a gap they would not normally fit, they will be teleported to the closest position which they can fit through.
- The Hook of Dissonance can be used to get out of a situation where you are cornered by enemies, since you won't take any damage going through them.
- Since the hook teleports the player to a block, the player will lose any momentum they may have had.
- Unlike regular hooks, the player will not take damage from falling blocks, such as sand or silt, while traveling using the Hook of Dissonance.
- This hook can also serve as an alternative to the Rod of Discord if used properly.
- The Hook of Dissonance can be used to move vertically very quickly in traditional platform row arenas, while skipping past airborne enemies, which can be used to quickly escape from tight situations in boss fights and invasion events.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This hook's projectile appears to be a kunai, complementing the theme of the Crystal Assassin Armor.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.