|AI Type||Fighter AI|
3672 / 4896 (ranged)
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Javelin (40-80)50%
- Internal NPC ID: 481
“In the ruins of an ancient civilization now deeply buried, some of its spear-hurling soldiers still walk its marble-adorned paths.
— The Bestiary
The Hoplite is an enemy that spawns in Marble Caves. It throws piercing Javelins at the player, which can deal a lot of damage to the player, especially if in Expert Mode, where its projectiles deal double the damage than in normal mode. The Javelins thrown are also pretty accurate, and are more likely to hit the player than most other enemy-fired projectiles. This makes Hoplites an enemy to avoid early on in the game, until players are properly equipped and ready to face them.
An advised strategy to combat Hoplites is to rush them before they can use their ranged attack. They deal much less contact damage and can easily be stun-locked, making the fight easier. However, one must take note that while they may not be able to attack while being damaged, they do have high knockback resistance, allowing them to close the gap quickly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is not advised to attack Hoplites from directly above, as their Javelins' piercing abilities may cause them to strike the player twice -- once on the way up, and once on the way down.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hoplites were ancient Greek soldiers who typically carried spears and shields. This might be the reason why Hoplites are referred to in the game files as Greek Skeleton.
- Despite this, none of their drops are a shield or shield-related item.
- The Bestiary entry for the Hoplite: "In the ruins of an ancient civilization now deeply buried, some of its spear-hurling soldiers still walk its marble-adorned paths."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.