|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||22 / 44 (38) (78) (melee)|
48 / 96 (ranged)
|Max Life||70 / 140 (154) (308)|
|Defense||10 / 10 (20)|
|KB Resist||60% / 64%|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 481
The Hoplite is an enemy that spawns in Marble Caves. It throws piercing Javelins at the player, which can deal a lot of damage to the player, especially if in Expert mode, where its projectiles deal double the damage than in normal mode. The Javelins thrown are also pretty accurate, and are more likely to hit the player than most other enemy-fired projectiles. This makes Hoplites an enemy to avoid early on in the game, until players are properly equipped and ready to face them.
An advised strategy to combat Hoplites is to rush them before they can use their ranged attack. They deal much less contact damage and can easily be stun-locked, making the fight easier. However, one must take note that while they may not be able to attack while being damaged, they do have high knockback resistance, allowing them to close the gap quickly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using a Magma Stone will also, strangely, affect the Javelins thrown by Hoplites, making them also inflict the On Fire! Debuff. One should keep this in mind, as this can make them even deadlier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hoplites were ancient Greek soldiers who typically carried spears and shields. This might be the reason why Hoplites are referred to in the game files as Greek Skeleton.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.