|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||21 Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a hornet to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The hornet will fight for you|
The Hornet Staff is a summon weapon. It spawns a hornet character that follows the player and attacks enemies via a ranged stinger attack, similar to the Hornet enemy's attack. The stingers have a chance to inflict the Poisoned debuff on enemies. Like other minions, summoned hornets are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
Its best Modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal Critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Hornet Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- enemy of similar appearance - an
- enemy of similar appearance - a very small
- Bee Mount - a mount of similar appearance
- Baby Hornet pet - a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia pet - a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now requires 10 mana. Fixed a bug where the Hornet Staff, Imp Staff, and Slime Staff minion buffs did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Introduced.