|Damage||12 / 9 (Summon)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||22 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a hornet to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The hornet will fight for you|
The Hornet Staff is an pre-Hardmode summon weapon. It spawns a hornet minion that follows the player and attacks enemies with a ranged stinger attack, similar to the Hornet enemy's attack. The stingers travel in a straight line, do not pierce, and inflict the Poisoned debuff for 4-7 seconds. Like other minions, summoned hornets are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Hornet Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Hornet – an enemy of similar appearance
- Bee – a very small enemy of similar appearance
- Bee Mount – a mount of similar appearance
- Baby Hornet pet – a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia pet – a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage increased from 11 to 12.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Damage increased from 9 to 11.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Fixed a bug where the minion buff did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Console 1.08: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, requires 10 mana.