|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||22 Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a hornet to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The hornet will fight for you|
The Hornet Staff is an aerial ranged summon weapon. It spawns a hornet character that follows the player and attacks enemies via a ranged stinger attack, similar to the Hornet enemy's attack. The stingers inflict the Poisoned debuff for 4-7 seconds. Like other minions, summoned hornets are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Hornet Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- enemy of similar appearance – an
- enemy of similar appearance – a very small
- mount of similar appearance – a
- pet (which will not fight) – a hornet
- – a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Added requirement of 10 mana.
- Fixed a bug where the minion buff did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Console 1.08: Introduced, requires 10 mana.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, requires 10 mana.