- Internal Item ID: 1866
The Hoverboard is a wing-type accessory that allows the player to fly and glide, as all wings do. It also offers the added ability to "hover" by holding ↷ Jump and ▼ Down. Hovering offers a horizontal speed boost, and otherwise operates similarly to the Flying Carpet, allowing horizontal movement while remaining at a fixed height in mid-air. Hovering consumes flight time, just like flying would.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The equipping mechanics of the Hoverboard follow the same rules as all Wings, meaning they don't stack with other Wings, and wearing another Wing type in a slot above the Hoverboard will use the upper Wings' statistics and abilities instead. Equipping any Wing in a vanity slot will cancel the Hoverboard graphic.
- Has a flight range of 172 feet (86 blocks), the same as Festive Wings.
- Unlike a lot of accessories, the hoverboard will dye brilliant colors (as will Shroomite Armor)- a dye paired with Silver Dye (Note: not a bright dye) will invert the colors of the hoverboard. A dye paired with Black Dye will cause the original sprite's silver trimming to be black. The flames will change colors, too.
- It is impossible to hover or boost fast in mobile, unless you have a Bluetooth controller. However, it is possible to do with the Confused debuff.
- Although Hoverboard is not on the back of player, it will still hide capes if visible.
- On the , it is possible to hover forever. This is achieved by jumping with a versionBlue Horseshoe Balloon or the Bundle of Balloons equipped and not activating another jump, but instead holding down to hover right before the peak of the jump. It is possible to hover/ forward push forever (after activative the forever hover, push slightly forward), but it's not possible to rise forever. It may take some practice, but it's rather easy to do. Just hold down any time after jumping just the one time but before the peak for the jump. If the player hovers too late, they will hover and sink as if gliding.
- Hover speed is faster than Boulders or even Demon Scythes.
- When hovering whilst swinging a sword that stops the player from changing directions, such as the Excalibur and The Axe, the Hoverboard will not change directions either.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While hovering, a full set of Shroomite Armor will still turn invisible as long as the player doesn't move while in that state. This effectively allows the player to create a temporary safe place to turn invisible for a few seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The concept of the hoverboard was first widely popularized with the Back to the Future (franchise), especially Back to the Future Part II.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed the exploit where you could have infinite Hoverboard hovering time. This was done by hovering between two double-jumps provided by other accessories (such as the Bundle of Balloons).
- Desktop 1.2.3: Made hoverboard not appear on a mount. Fixed hoverboard bug where you could walk on air while in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.