|Damage|| 55 / 110 (melee)|
90 / 180 (ranged)
|Max Life||200 / 400|
|KB Resist||40% / 46%|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds / 40 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced.|
|Internal NPC ID: 169|
Ice Elementals are Hardmode enemies that hover towards the player and shoot blasts of ice, which have a chance to inflict the Chilled debuff. They are immune to almost all debuffs. They can appear in the Underground Snow Biome at all times, and on the surface at night.
- They can only hover about eight blocks off the ground.
- They have a good deal of range, but the projectile travels slow enough to dodge.
- Both the Ice Elementals and their projectiles give off a high amount of light, so their approach can be seen easily.
- Ice bolts cannot be destroyed by hitting them, unlike many other orb projectiles.
- Unlike most ice-themed enemies, the Ice Elemental cannot inflict the Frozen debuff.
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated. The old sprite was .
- 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its Banner.
- 1.2: Introduced.