Ice Elementals are Hardmode enemies that hover towards the player and shoot blasts of ice, which have a chance to inflict the Chilled debuff. They are immune to almost all debuffs. They can appear in the Underground Snow Biome at all times, and on the surface at night.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- They can only hover about eight blocks off the ground.
- They have a good deal of range, but the projectile travels slow enough to dodge.
- Both the Ice Elementals and their projectiles give off a high amount of light, so their approach can be seen easily.
- Ice bolts cannot be destroyed by hitting them, unlike many other orb projectiles.
- Unlike most ice-themed enemies, the Ice Elemental cannot inflict the Frozen debuff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated. The old sprite was .
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its Banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.