|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||60 / 120 (melee)|
64 / 128 (ranged)
|Max Life||4000 / 8000|
|KB Resist||95% / 96%|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
|Duration||45 seconds / 90 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||You can't move!|
|Duration||1 second / 2 seconds|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- This article is about the rare miniboss from the Snow biome. For the post-Plantera boss, see Golem. For the enemy in Granite Caves, see Granite Golem.
The Ice Golem is a rare Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Snow biome during normal or heavy Blizzards ("Rain" or "Heavy Rain" on the Weather Radio), day or night. Ice Golems walk slowly and fire big ranged blue lasers that freeze players. They are immune to the Poisoned, Venom, Confused, and Frostburn debuffs.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer .
- If the Ice Golem can't see the player with its head, it will try to flee from the screen. To farm it, attack it continuously to prevent it from escaping.
- Ice Golems spawn more frequently at night, like most other enemies.
- Ice Golems are considered rare creatures by the Lifeform Analyzer, so it may be useful to carry this (or its derivatives) when farming them.
- Even though 300 Snow Blocks, Ice Blocks (of any type) or Snow Bricks define a Snow biome it seems that there has to be at least 400 Snow Blocks of any type present on the screen for the Ice Golem to spawn.
- On the , the Ice Golems will drop the versionFrost Armor instead of the Frost Core.
- Even though the Ice Golem can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer, it is more effective to fly around while trying to hunt them down and just watch for the Ice Lasers.
- If you are able to trap an ice golem, use a yoyo such as a Hel-Fire, as it is not immune to the On Fire! debuff.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer drops items from the Frost armor set. Instead now drops the Frost Core which is used to craft the set.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.