Ice GolemHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Ice Golem Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
|Chance||100% (Frost Beam)|
|Debuff tooltip||You can't move!|
|Chance||20% (Frost Beam)|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
This article is about the rare, resilient enemy from the Snow biome. For the post-Plantera boss, see Golem. For the enemy in Granite Caves, see Granite Golem.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Ice Golem cannot see the player with its head, it will try to flee from the screen. It needs to be attacked continuously to prevent it from escaping.
- Ice Golems spawn more frequently at night, like most other enemies.
- Even though 300 Snow Blocks, Ice Blocks (of any type) or Snow Bricks define a Snow biome it seems that there has to be at least 400 Snow Blocks of any type present on the screen for the Ice Golem to spawn.
- On the version, the Ice Golems will drop the Frost armor instead of the Frost Core.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Even though the Ice Golem can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer, it is more effective to fly around while trying to hunt them down and just watch for the Frost Beams.
- Once an Ice Golem is trapped, a yoyo is useful for taking it down. The Hel-Fire is particularly preferable, since it inflicts the On Fire! debuff.
- Ice Golems can easily despawn if they go off-screen, so it's best not to go too far from it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the Sand Elemental and the Dreadnautilus, the Ice Golem is not a boss or mini-boss even though it has stats comparable to a boss. This is evidenced by its lack of a health bar and the fact that it drops a banner, not a trophy and the fact that it does not drop a Relic in Master Mode.
- In Jewish folklore, a Golem (/ˈɡoʊləm/ GOH-ləm; Hebrew: גולם) is an animated anthropomorphic being that is created entirely from inanimate matter (usually clay or mud). The word was used to mean an amorphous, unformed material in Psalms and medieval writing.
- The Bestiary entry for the Ice Golem: "Sub-zero temperatures, blinding snow flurries, and being blasted apart by an icy construct are some of the dangers of blizzards."
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer drops items from the Frost armor set. Instead now drops the Frost Core which is used to craft the set.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.