|AI Type||Ice Queen AI|
|Damage||120 / 180 (melee)|
84 / 168 (frost wave)
70-74 / 140-148 (frost shard)
|Max Life||34000 / 44200|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
|Chance||Frost Wave: 100% chance|
Frost Shard: 66.7%
|Duration||5 / 10 seconds or 10 / 20 seconds, see notes|
|Debuff tooltip||You can't move!|
|Chance||Frost Wave: 16.54%|
|Duration||Up to 1 second / 2 seconds, see notes|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- 4.4% - 7.52%
- 4.4% - 7.52%
- 4.4% - 7.52%
- 0.95% - 1.67%
- wave 15+ only0.56% - 0.83%
The Ice Queen is a Hardmode mini-boss that spawns during the Frost Moon event. She is the equivalent to the Pumpking from the Pumpkin Moon, being the Frost Moon's most powerful enemy, coming in at the last waves of the event, and being the event's only flying boss.
Her behavior is characterized by astonishingly fast movement and evasive maneuvers while making constant ranged attacks against the player. She randomly cycles through the following attacks:
- She will sweep across the screen from left to right while shooting at the player.
- She will hover over the player while raining down below her.
- She will stay stationary before spinning in the air and shooting Frost Shards in all different directions.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- During the final waves of the Frost Moon there may be several Ice Queens on the screen at once.
- The drop chance linearly increases from wave 11 (or 15) to 20.
- The Ice Queen's projectiles inflict the following debuffs:
Debuff From Projectile Duration (normal) Duration (Expert ) Chance 5 seconds 10 seconds 50% (1/2) 10 seconds 20 seconds 50% (1/2) 5 seconds 10 seconds 33.33% (1/3) 10 seconds 20 seconds 33.33% (1/3) 1/3 of a second (20 ticks) 2/3 of a second (40 ticks) 7.16% (55/768) 2/3 of a second (40 ticks) 1 1/3 seconds (80 ticks) 5.2% (5/96) 1 second 2 seconds 4.17% (1/24)
- In total, the chance to inflict the Chilled debuff is 100% for the Frost Wave and 66.67% (2/3) for the Frost Shard. The Frozen debuff is inflicted with a chance of 16.54% (127/768).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Both of the Ice Queen's attacks will inflict the Chilled debuff, which slows the player's movement speed, and Frost Waves will sometimes inflict the Frozen debuff which completely immobilizes the player. Drinking a Warmth Potion , equipping a Hand Warmer , or equipping an Ankh Shield in the Desktop, Console, and Mobile versions will negate these effects and potentially make the fight much less frustrating.
- The Ice Queen is most vulnerable while executing her "Ice Twirl" attack, when she begins to spin in place rapidly, shooting Frost Shards in all directions. This is the only time she stays in one spot.
- To mitigate her damage, using wings and possibly movement enhancing accessories for chasing and dodging, in addition to equipping a Cross Necklace/Star Veil combined with healing (Spectre armor/Vampire Knives), proves very effective.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On Old-gen console and versions, Ice Queen is considered the third strongest enemy in the game, the strongest being the Dungeon Guardian and the second strongest being Duke Fishron.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage decreased from 130 to 120.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage decreased from 160 to 130.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.03: Introduced.