The Ice Sickle is a Hardmode melee weapon that fires a projectile with no ammunition or mana cost. Its wide projectile stops in midair a short distance from the player, spinning in mid-air for 5 seconds then disappearing. It can pierce enemies but disappears on the fifth hit. The Ice Sickle has a 0.56% (1/180) chance of being dropped by Armored Vikings, Ice Elementals, Icy Mermen, and Ice Tortoises in the Hardmode Snow biome.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Death Sickle, the range of the projectile produced by the weapon increases with melee speed.
- There is a limit to the number of projectiles that may be present on the screen, but it can only be reached through ≥40% melee speed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The weapon is very effective for close-range area control, as most enemies will be knocked back and take high damage by trying to pass through the hovering projectile. It is also potent against worm enemies (like the The Destroyer, Dune Splicer, Digger or World Feeder) that take multiple hits from each projectile.
- The Ice Sickle is extremely useful in early Hardmode, because it can be obtained just after defeating the Wall of Flesh and can kill groups of enemies in just a few hits.
- This weapon is good for dealing with monsters that can travel through blocks (especially while farming).
- Compared to the Death Sickle, it is an inferior weapon, lacking autoswing and block penetration.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Ice Sickle" is a play on the word "icicle".
- The Ice Sickle is improperly named; it more resembles a real-life scythe than a sickle, as it is much larger than sickles and lacks their short handle and circular blade.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Increased damage from 40 to 42.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.