|Damage||42 / 40 Melee|
|Use time||25 Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots an icy sickle|
- Ice Sickle
The Ice Sickle is a Hardmode melee weapon that fires a projectile with no ammo or mana cost. Its wide projectile stops in midair a short distance from the player, spinning in mid-air for 5 seconds then disappearing (in a manner similar to the Vilethorn). The Projectile can pierce enemies, disappearing on the 5th hit. It has a 0.56% (1/180) chance of being dropped by Armored Viking, Ice Elemental, Icy Merman, and Ice Tortoise in the Hardmode Snow Biome.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Death Sickle, the range of the projectile produced by the weapon goes further as melee speed is increased.
- There is a limit to the number of projectiles that may be present on the screen, but it can only be reached through ≥40% melee speeds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The weapon is very effective for close-range area control, as most enemies will be knocked back and take high damage by trying to pass through the hovering projectile. It's also potent against Worms enemies like the The Destroyer, Dune Splicer or World Feeder that take multiple hits from each projectile.
- The Ice Sickle is extremely useful in early Hardmode, because it can be obtained just after defeating the Wall of Flesh and can kill groups of enemies in just a few hits.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Ice Sickle" is a play on the word icicle.
- Compared to the Death Sickle, it's an inferior weapon, lacking autoswing and block penetration.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Increased damage from 40 to 42.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.