|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Provides extra mobility on ice|
Ice will not break when you fall on it
- Internal Item ID: 950
Ice Skates are an accessory that improve a player's movement control on all forms of ice (Thin Ice, Ice Blocks, and the Corrupted/Crimson/Hallow versions). The player accelerates faster, slides shorter distances, and will no longer cause thin ice to break when landing from falls or jumps. Ice Skates are found in Ice Chests in the Underground Snow Biome.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ice Skates stop thin ice from being broken, but also allow the usual fall damage from landing on it. If the player is more prepared for the water underneath (and the Chilled debuff it inflicts in Expert mode), it can be advised to take the Ice Skates off before falling on thin ice.
- While the Ice Skates provide additional speed on ice while worn by themselves, the player cannot move any faster than usual sprinting speed while wearing any combination of Ice Skates and sprinting boots. They can, however, reach sprinting speed much faster than on normal land.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When worn on a female character, it will look like they are wearing shoes that do not fit (this applies to most boot accessories).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.