|AI Type||Tortoise AI|
|Damage||55 / 110|
|Max Life||400 / 800|
|KB Resist||70% / 73%|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 154
The Ice Tortoise is a Hardmode enemy which is found in the Underground Snow biome. It attacks by spinning inside its shell and jumping at the player, similarly to the Giant Tortoise and Giant Shelly . It flies with high speed and accuracy, and deals moderate contact damage, making it dangerous to deal with for characters entering Hardmode.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because Ice Tortoises emit a fair amount of light, they are comparably easy to spot. This also helps in revealing unexplored caves.
- While the Ice Tortoise hides in its shell, it takes very little damage. The quickest way to defeat it is to attack it continuously so it cannot retreat into its shell. Furthermore, while it is stuck like this, it will be unable to jump at the player, making it easy to kill safely. Any auto-swing weapon or yoyo can easily take it out. When attacking with melee weapons, using a weapon with high knockback will help keep it away.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated. Old sprite was
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.